Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking of giving up my Rogue for a Voyager. The deal is I would like the comfy things ( radio,tour pak,cruise control, ABS, And they In Black & Cherry(my very fav motorcycle colors)6th speed ect. My ride yesterday went well. Not as much power but Im spoiled (rotten). It was plenty of power thought. It has VERY little high speed vibration that the Rogue has. So smooth almost too smooth!! The Rogue makes my heart race. Voyager not so much but It IS a great bike.
The thing is I ride my rogue HARD( and I LOVE it). That concerns the wife and some of my friends. I believe I ride hard but SAFE.
Im on the fence. Comfort vs. Adrenaline
I LOVE MY BIKE!! I would change some things if I could. Im having a Mid Life crisis!!LOL Any comments??? If i changed would u still be my friends? LOL
GOOD RIDING TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT

·
Registered
7 Posts
looking at the same change

We just got back from a 3000 mile trip through colorado and utah on our beasts. My buddy and I both agreed the creature comforts of a voyager would be nice. I hate to admit this here but the HD Ultra classic would be a nice choice to. We talked to lots of guys on them wherever we went and they really liked them especially the 09 or 10 models. We would like to take our wives more and the beast even with the mustang seat isn't very comfy for passengers. On the flip side riding the beast through the mountains was as cool as it gets because I too ride safe but on occassion aggresive. Good problems to have, which is better when both are good.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No law against owning two bikes...:D
Oh if that was an option I would not have problem (besides the wife griping about "you can't ride two bikes at once")!!! WE have a HD Road Glide (hers) and a Rogue(mine). So we have two bikes, technically. Hers is set so low I don't ride it,(uncomfortable) and I would come back with floorboards shaved off. Just don't know what to do. I thank you for your opinions.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Been there done that....

Im thinking of giving up my Rogue for a Voyager. Any comments??? If i changed would u still be my friends? LOL
That's exactly what I did this spring. Got a little over 1k miles on the voyager and can tell you that I still miss the monster torque the 2k had. But the Voyager is cushy and fast and fun and all those things you were writing about. My reason for change though was the lady on the back. She didn't like the V2k and isn't interested in ridding her own bike. All that being said, I now tell everyone that The Voyager was the motorcycle I was looking for when I bought the V2k back in 2007. Am I happy = yes. I just wish I had that power in this package.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm keeping my Rogue. The deal can't be made!!! I'm not giving away my favorite bike of all time. Added some speakers--Cycle Sounds. Nice add on. Working on adapting Harley cushioned floorboards to relieve the vibration in the boards. Changing to Eurogears next winter. Thinking about hardbags also (next year). It's all good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts