Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
quick question 07 custom if the bike anit lowered do u still have to trim inner mud flap, and is there any other triming need to be done to getting the fatty on

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
What brand and size of tire is that? Can you post a pic of it on when you have it installed?
Traumahawk

·
Registered
742 Posts
looks like it says 230/60-15 ... i don't like the way the tires larger than a 200 'balloon' up and make the tire real tall. it takes time to wear it down to get it some what flat...

·
Registered
70 Posts
NICE!! I have a silly question, will that fit on the stock rim?

I'd like to go to a bigger rear tire, but don't know jack about it.

·
Registered
208 Posts
You will need to trim the belt gaurds to allow clearance for the tire. I think you may need to trim the top part of the inner mud flap even if you are not lowered. But if you are going with that tire, I would lower your bike also. I personally think it has a better stance lowered with the 230. If you leave it at stock height you will be about an inch taller since the tire diameter is larger. So if you lower 1 inch, you will be back at stock height.

I personally would do the full trim just to be on the safe side. Real easy to do and you will have your tire off anyways. The mud flap is only held on with 4 screws. And who knows, you may want to lower your bike one day and you wont have to take your tire off to do the trim.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts