Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Actually my neighbor who works for a Yamaha dealership was given this bike to enjoy for a week while a friend of his was away. I heard him fire it up this morning and the starter is grinding bad. He lives up on a hill with a steep driveway and when he got to the bottom, the bike died. He came over and asked if he could stash it on my FLAT :D driveway for the day. He said the ecu was going crazy and the bike is now dead. Of course I had to jab him and point to my Kaw and Honda in the garage that are running today. This is a beautiful bike and I guess the owner owns a performance shop of some kind. The engine has been completely tweaked out, heads, pistons etc. Supposed to be very fast...................when it runs. ;) :D

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Dang, that is a nice looking bike. You say it's a Yamaha?

Maybe they'll forget to come pick it up. ;)

·
Premium Member
12,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dang, that is a nice looking bike. You say it's a Yamaha?

Maybe they'll forget to come pick it up. ;)
No this is a Harley Davidson and that played into the jokes about them breaking down. Never thought I would have one break down in MY driveway. :D I've been out to drool over it twice now, maybe that is not such a good idea!! :eek:

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
droolin over harleys is like...

This is a beautiful bike and I guess the owner owns a performance shop of some kind. The engine has been completely tweaked out, heads, pistons etc. Supposed to be very fast when it runs.;) :D
stock harleys run forever w/reg maintenance. touch em and they start to act up. the more you do to them the less reliable they become. yeah they'r gorgeous, droolin over them is like hangin out at a strip club. best be moving on to something more reliable. save your drool for .... steak. out, ponch

·
Registered
864 Posts
Ya one of my South American riding buddies just got a new Screamin Eagle he has 3k miles on it, we go for a 2 hour ride last Sunday stop for a coke and it's got oil pouring out of the motor. He stays there and calls another bud to come pick him up with a trailer , it's a beautiful bike and now it will be in the shop for 3 weeks lookin good...... Nothin like a 30k Motorcycle gathering dust......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts