Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, folks. Yesterday I installed a set of Phat II risers along with a set of Flanders Narrow Center Pullback bars I ordered from JP cycle.
Love the new stance, perfect for laid back cruises.
I moved the clutch and throttle cables behind the tree, but the brake hose from the lever to the tee is "Toit like a Tiger" to quote GoldMember.

Any suggestions for a slightly longer line there? I've been searching and found things like Goodridge, Russell Pro etc. but I was wondering if anyone has found one to be a better fit/quality than the others. Looks like I'll have to order from the US, so errors are pretty costly.........

I'll post some pics when I'm back from work, but I really like the new feel. Will take a bit to get fully used to it (notice the narrower stance of the bars navigating a parking lot) but at sped they're awesome. The bars are about 2" narrower so I don't have to lean so far forward for a full turn.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I used a good ridge on mine. Went with 10" longer. Glad I did because the funky angles of the fittings would not have allowed the splitter fitting to be bolted down like the original. If I had to do it over again I would probably just order all the fittings and use universal hoses from Russell or another supplier

·
Registered
90 Posts
I used a good ridge on mine. Went with 10" longer. Glad I did because the funky angles of the fittings would not have allowed the splitter fitting to be bolted down like the original. If I had to do it over again I would probably just order all the fittings and use universal hoses from Russell or another supplier

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1428686071.377556.jpg

The lines come off at funny angles compared to the origional.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Neal, I take it you ordered the 3 hose kit then? i'm not bent out of shape about tee to caliper hoses, but I see your point. I'll go measure mine up tonight. It doesn't appear to be a functional issue, but it's a little to tight for my comfort.

·
Living The Dream
1,512 Posts
http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169410

Found this site after much research. I ordered one 6" longer than stock but haven't put it on yet. Looks to have everything it needs in all the right places. I would think they have one for the V2K as well. Most stuff is similar to the 900 from what I have heard.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yea all of them are going to be a 3 hose kit. The original is all one hose crimped into two. You have to change the whole thing. I tried every way possible to get the thing routed. It was either a funny twist in the lines or not mount the t fitting down. I don't like things flapping in the breeze. Engineers anchor things down for reasons.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts