Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I own a 91 VN 750 bought back in 2001. I just got a 05 VN 1600-d (Nomad) that I got an awesome deal on. It is a beautiful bike, but it has been sitting for years and as you have guessed.... gas tank issues.

I was able to get the fuel pump working, but the fuel float/sending unit is rusted beyond repair. The manuals show it as a 52005-0004. I have spent hours on google looking for a replacement and I can not find anything that looks like my float. Anyone have any suggestions on what sending unit replacements?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
841 Posts
In stock but not cheap

same one is used on classic and nomad from 04 to 08

here is one a little cheaper but not sure on shipping cost

and here is another option that looks even cheaper

Don't get too hung up on the float looking the same the original part float shape may have changed over the years but will still function the same way

·
Registered
841 Posts
All to often we get very limited results because we put to much into the search engine.
If you search just the part number plenty of stuff comes up but if you ad make model and year of bike the search becomes more limited and shows very little because it eliminated the other websites because they didn't have all of the search terms,
the lawn mower place was a surprise to me to but they have it listed and for cheaper than the other places so why not

1 - 8 of 8 Posts