Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any Long Island get together's going on? I heard the Oak Beach Inn parking lot was one on Sunday mornings in the past, but not sure if anyone's going there anymore. Any where else that you guys know of?

·
Registered
98 Posts
The lot is full every Sunday morning. Classic cars and bikes an the State Police to keep things quiet. Coffee truck, porta potty and people.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Is this every Sunday? And where exactly is this? I live in Jackson Heights.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
98 Posts
Every Sunday I have been there. Starts early and is over by noon the latest. Ocean Parkway east to just before Robert Mosses parkway and Captree. Can't miss it. It is on the right going east and there is a sign.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Every Sunday I have been there. Starts early and is over by noon the latest. Ocean Parkway east to just before Robert Mosses parkway and Captree. Can't miss it. It is on the right going east and there is a sign.
Sweet! I'll look into it for the 29th. Maybe we could do a Kawasaki meet-up... Just a thought.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I stopped in for an hour or so this morning on the way home from work. I have to say it's a really good group of people hanging out there. As for the cars ohh what a diverse crowd everything from a Ferrari to a triumph to a 48 coupe with an SRT8 in it. Met a fella Steve with his Harley and we hung out for most of the time I was there nice guy bought me a cup of coffee and we strolled around looking at everything and just shooting the S .. He said you want to try and be there early as is usually standing room only by 7 or so. Not too many bikes there today guess the threat of rain kept them home. Heres a few pics of the cars out there. I am free the 29 th as long as the weathers good I'm up for getting together out there.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Going to bump up this thread... Now that the weather is getting nicer i will be doing runs across the island or up state ny every friday. Anyone is welcome to join me. Don't really see much thread traffic for long island here :(.

·
Registered
98 Posts
JahnM,

True there is not a lot of chatter from Long Island. I am on almost every day just don't post a lot. Friday's would be nice for me starting in May. I'm a little too busy at work to sneak out on Fridays until then. Don't know if the Oak Beach Sunday mornings are running since the damage after Sandy. I went down there once. The parking lot is fine just easier for me to get there going SS then Ocean parkway. PM me in May so we can take a Friday.

Rich

·
Registered
144 Posts
took trip to riverhead and bayville shore road under construction so took back roads to bayville had some food than back to valley stream Ed 4/19/13 Any rides planed soon

·
Registered
16 Posts
Obi

I too drove past the old OBI lotrecently; no damage to speak of, only points West. Not sure if its been too active yet. The weather has been great though. Made some runs to Greenport, Westhampton Village, Port Jeff the past weekends.

Ready Riders has some ongoing events through the season. Keep an eye out for his ads.

Sunday morning coffee "meet ups" always welcome.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Heading down to Oak Beach parking lot this Sunday morning - 7-8 AM. Bikes and cars started gathering there 2 weeks ago. Anyone else heading down?

·
Registered
5 Posts
new to the vulcan

Hi guys, just took a 7 year hiatus from riding sport bikes (Ninja ZX6R) and just got back into riding. I pick up the new custom 900 on Tuesday and looking to get comfortable riding again. EONS ago, I used to ride down ocean parkway often, how is the condition for bikes after Sandy? Look forward to seeing you all on the road in the coming months!

·
Registered
98 Posts
It's all fixed up now. This weekend may be tough do to the air show but otherwise it is good. Sunday mornings are still going strong at Oak Beach for cars and bikes.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Would love to but bike is still buried in the back of the shed. Another bike and tractor in front of it. Been a long cold winter. Hope to get it out soon.

·
Registered
430 Posts

Any takers?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts