Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one looking to ride? I have 2011 Nomad will ride N.J., C.T., L.I. and upstate N.Y. . Weekdays and weekends live in Valley Stream. Leaving early works. Ed

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Rich, Have found more roads in north west C.T. and on sunday the moose cafe has eggs benedict if early before 9am. Also found a good rib place on 22 N.Y. side opens after noon good food. Good roads good food what can be better than that. Ed

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
took short ride to bayville west shore road is now open . did get rained on, have to find rain gear that fits my 6'2" 290lb body any one know a brand that works? help wet Ed

·
Registered
98 Posts
I heard about the rain over there. Nothing by me. Wife is off her feet for 3 months after foot surgery. My riding is done for now. Be Safe.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hello nomad11,
Saw your post about a BBQ place on route 22.
Any name for the place or do you have a location.
Any information will be helpful.
Many thanks.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Big W's BBQ on rt22 north of Pawling N Y, south of 55 that goes east into 7 in CT . You must try the chicken. If you look it up on line it's there, open at 11 or 12 and only tu-sun. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Many thanks for the information about the BBQ locations.
Will try big Ws on rt 22 next week.

Where is the BBQ place in Sunderland?
As I live in eastern Ma I do not ride often in western Ma.
Look forward to your information.
PD

·
Registered
91 Posts
Nomad,
You ever eat at the Putnam Diner on rt 22 near the intersection of rt 68?
Heard some good reviews but only on the Internet.
PD

·
Registered
91 Posts
Many thanks,
Route 116, will have to ride up there and try the BBQ.
Noticed they are open mid afternoon to early evening.

Coming home from Americade I stopped at a BBQ place on route 4 south of Troy.
Just north of route 4 exit off route 90.
Great BBQ and they smoke their pastrami, was delicious.

One thing most bikers like to do is eat and will ride most anyplace to find good eats.
PD

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No. But if you come down rt 7 into CT the Wandering Moose Cafe in West Cornwall just on the other side of the covered bridge has very good food and a clean bathroom and nice roads all around. When you cross into CT on 7 and you go on 44/7 to 7 south. On 44 by train tracks you will see a old silver dinner looks good but the worst food I have had in a long time and not cheap. Ed

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Found card 1475 rt 22 Wingdale ny 12594 phone 845 832 6200 Big W's Roadside Bar-B-Q. Can't give more info than this. Enjoy. If you go to the moose gas is where 7 and 4 meet. Ed

·
Registered
91 Posts
Many thanks for your information.
Will be traveling next week to big Ws.
I am getting hungry just thinking about eating BBQ.
Love pulled pork.

Also thanks for the information about the restaurant you found on route 44
where you had a poor meal.
What is your impression of the Wandering Moose?
I Have heard good and not good.
Several friends said the Putnam Diner is ok.
PD

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Found the food good, the burger is a nice size all the food i have eaten there has been fresh and tasty. On sunday eggs ben but be there before 10:30 am or no hollandaise. I try to leave Long Island no later than 5:30 am for me it's 120 miles to West Cornwall so when I get there have breakfast there is still time to get riding in before 11:30 am when riders start filling the roads. As all come up I am heading back. Have a safe ride, enjoy the food.Ed

·
Registered
91 Posts
Thanks for your reply and critique.
Sounds like the Wandering Moose is the place to go for breakfast.
Not a fan of eggs ben but really do like breakfast food.
A good omelet is hard to beat, so is good home made hash.
Also like SOS but hard to find.
Most places where I have found it do not put much beef in the sauce.
I guess I will just have to get on the road early some morning to get there whole they are serving breakfast.
Ride safe.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
SOS hard to find I have not seen it in years that and woodcock witch is like hard boiled eggs in a egg sauce or warm egg salad with large chunks of eggs good but you never see it but in mess halls. Ed

·
Registered
91 Posts
So right but every once in a while you find these foods in places you least expect it.
Thanks for all your input and recommendations.
Coming from LI, you must pass some other good restaurants/diners on your wave up/down route 7.
Any other suggestions?
PD

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
on 7 between 84 and the merrit in or around Wilton on the westside of the road is the Burrito Shack yellow sign red letters between garden shop and gas station, he cooks the whole pig and has great pulled pork. 203 544 8281 / 9525 not sure witch number is correct
Ed

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
went up to the moose on 9/15/13 got there about 8:30 4 people there ride was cold food was good. came back 11:00 place was packed so road to burrito shack in wilton got pulled pork i put this ride on your ask and my liking of good food. Ed

1 - 20 of 20 Posts