Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my fuel tank off today and the previous owner must have broken the clip that holds the fuel line to the fuel pump because it is missing. The parts book does not show the clip as a separate part. Does anyone know what I can do to replace it? Thank you

·
Registered
529 Posts
Dang that stinks! If it were me I would measure the fuel line to get a size then go up to either autozone or the local lawn mower shop. Somebody will have one, most likely the mower repair shop. I'm sure your local Kawi dealer could get you one also.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Here's the part number: 92037-147

It's about a $4 part. Take that to the parts counter at your dealership, or call it in, and they'll have a new, OEM one for you in a couple of days.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

It's about a $4 part. Take that to the parts counter at your dealership, or call it in, and they'll have a new, OEM one for you in a couple of days.
Thank you HRH_Z. I will look into that.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Maybe they couldn't work out how to unclamp it so cut it off? Seems a strange thing to "lose" as it is fixed to the pipe.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

HRH_Z I was doing some checking on the part number you gave me and that looks like a wire clamp in all the pictures I have looked at. I know you cannot always go by the pictures when looking for parts, but I am a bit leery of ordering that. Have you ordered that part before? What I am looking for is a red plastic piece that locks the fuel line to the fuel pump.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, I may have to get the whole line. I'm surprised that Kawasaki does not offer that clip being that it is plastic and can break very easy. John Deere uses a similar setup on their EFI systems and they offer the lock clip (its not the same, I have already checked lol) as a separate part. That lock clip only costs 75 cents.

·
Living The Dream
1,515 Posts
Yes, I may have to get the whole line. I'm surprised that Kawasaki does not offer that clip being that it is plastic and can break very easy. John Deere uses a similar setup on their EFI systems and they offer the lock clip (its not the same, I have already checked lol) as a separate part. That lock clip only costs 75 cents.
I highly doubt you will be able to get the clip only. The microfiche would call it out if that was the case. I could be wrong, call and dealer and inquire about it. It has been my experience though, that the microfiche diagrams are the same thing they use as well. If you get the spare hose on ebay, even the you would still have another spare on the other end. :D Good luck!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I highly doubt you will be able to get the clip only. The microfiche would call it out if that was the case. I could be wrong, call and dealer and inquire about it. It has been my experience though, that the microfiche diagrams are the same thing they use as well. If you get the spare hose on ebay, even the you would still have another spare on the other end. :D Good luck!
I work in parts myself so I understand about the diagrams. Thank you for all your help.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)

·
Living The Dream
1,515 Posts
Good eye mate! Didn't see that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts