Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone... I've searched and could not find what I was looking for and hoping someone here can help me. I would like to add "Lizard™ Lights" Starter Kit to my Vulcan 900. I remember reading about led's and the power consumption etc. Does anyone have these leds that can help me on this one? I did not want to overlook anything before I purchase and install to leave myself stranded one night because I messed something up in the electrics on my bike.

If you do have these or any other companies leds would you mind posting a pic of where you put the controls for the leds?

thank you all very much!!

·
Registered
894 Posts
I had LEDs on my Sabre and I am installing Kury Moon lights on my Voyager this spring - Pretty straight forward install . . . Hook into a power supply, get a good ground and mount your lights where you need . . . The controls for the Kurys are kinda big as they have the on off switch - which I believe is a three position switch, plus a knob to adjust the timing of the lights, so find a place that it reachable, but out of sight - or install a remote on your lights.

For cost savings on thsi and any other Kury Product - Kury has an eBay outlet store named KA OUTLET - My absolute favorite eBay store - Generally scratch & dent stuff or discontinued items - I picked up my Moon light starter kit with (I think) 14 expander kits for under $100 . . . The last time I looked earlier this week they had a Lizard light starter and some expansion kits in their store as well . . .

Here is link to their store - They currently have a Lizard Starter for $199 and their discontinued SPider Starter for about 23 bucks - Wow big difference! They also have a triple Whammy RTB for the 900 for $75:

http://stores.ebay.com/KA-OUTLET?_rdc=1

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THANK YOU very much Napom!!! I never knew about their ebay store. I'm heading there now. I'm glad to read I should not have power problems after install. I remember seeing the controls for it as you mentioned it's pretty big but as you said install a remote (which I think is better)

Thanks again!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Nightfun: I don't know if you already purchased your light kit yet or not, but I got a nice setup from Fast lights Leds. They had their truck at a rally I went to last year and I purchased a chameleon set with a remote for a great price. If you go to the web site you will see the events that they are going too and a price list. I paid much less than the web site listing and got a bunch of extra parts thrown in. I am doing the installation myself as a winter over project but they spent about an hour showing me how to do it. Check out www.fastlightsleds.com and see if they may work for you.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nightfun: I don't know if you already purchased your light kit yet or not, but I got a nice setup from Fast lights Leds. They had their truck at a rally I went to last year and I purchased a chameleon set with a remote for a great price. If you go to the web site you will see the events that they are going too and a price list. I paid much less than the web site listing and got a bunch of extra parts thrown in. I am doing the installation myself as a winter over project but they spent about an hour showing me how to do it. Check out www.fastlightsleds.com and see if they may work for you.
Thanks! I'll check em out. I have not purchased anything yet. Since it's in the 30's almost everyday I will have a month to do the work.

Thanks again!! I do appreciate it!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi everyone... I purchased a set of Lizard Lights. Actually they were purchased for me! :)

My question is, anyone with a 900 that have these? Where did you put the controller for them? Won't put em on until I can figure out where to put this controller. They are very bright and not as big as I thought.

Thanks!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts