Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy! I just picked up my new 2014 Vaquero 1700 ABS SE yesterday in Portland, OR. Rode out to the coast with a couple friends where it was only 80 degrees instead of 100+ in town. Biggest bike I've ever ridden so I'm taking it slow. I love everything except the shorty windscreen. The wind hits my head at just the right angle to get under my helmet and push it to the back of my head and buffets my brain like a boxer. I've had bikes with windshields and without but never a shorty. I guess I'll get a taller screen but I'm kinda bummed cuz it looks so bitchin as is.
Anyway, just saying hi to all the other Kawgirls and Kawboys out there. See ya on the road!

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Welcome Helen! The Vaquero is a bad a$$ looking ride! Please, let's not start about 100 degree weather!

·
Premium Member
1,606 Posts
Welcome Helen! I've never used a flip windshield, but I know folks that have and they say they deflect wind like taller shields. Something to consider.

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
Welcome Helen. The Vaq is a kick ass bike. Post pics!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I took the visor off my helmet and that was sufficient to stop 90% of the wind violence. Now I can keep the tough lines of the shorty windscreen. I did look at that flip screen and it looks like a good compromise but I'll wait to see how it does in the cool weather. Thanks for the advice Sabre-t and thanks to zig and DoomCrew for the welcome. I'll post pics soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts