Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to remove baffles in my V900. Talked about stages, what is the first step to removal and how many baffle systems are there in the pipes. Can this be done without removing the exhaust sytem? I am new at this but i figured i can do it if i have a starting place. At the rear of the pipes there are 2 brads on each pipe is that what holds the baffles in, do you just drill them out and they slid out.

·
Registered
851 Posts
No..they are just to hold that plate on, once you drill them out that plate will come off. Than there's another plate behind that plate that you have to get behind and saw the pipe off as close as you can get it to the baffle, and that can be a pain in the ass to do. Once thats done you can get to the baffle, now what are you wanting to do to the baffles...drill in them or take them completely out. I drilled mine with four holes with a 1/2 in bit at 12,3,6,and 9 o'clock, the sound sucked so i drilled another four in between those hole and it was better. after all that was done, i went out a yr later and bought some aftermarket pipes and that sounded great. Good luck!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Here's an example of what some baffles look like:

I'm not sure what kind of pipe you have on your bike, but by the sound of it, it seems you have a stock pipe, yes?

By "drilling", you change the sound without having to take everything apart to take the baffle out. Now, if you want to take the baffle out, that's fine. If your bike is new, I believe it voids the warranty on a new bike to mess with exhaust. I may be mistaken, but that's what I heard if you modify it yourself.

You don't have to drill into the pipe itself. You just drill into the front (visible) portion of the baffle itself.

Check out some mods done on pipes.

This site has good photos too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts