Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm ready to pull the trigger on a Lindby Multibar for my '07 900 Classic, but I would like to get some reviews from people who are using this bar. My biggest concern is foot position. While doing research on this bar, I have seen pics of folks using additional footpegs with this bar, which defeats the whole purpose of buying this bar (for me anyway). So, how comfortable is this bar on your feet/legs? Are your feet too high? I'm 5'11" & 175 lbs if that helps.

Lindby Multibar

·
Registered
159 Posts
My gas tank is too wide for me to comfortably get both my feet on the bar at the same time. So I usually only use it when I'm really cramping up. I'll shift over on my seat a bit and stretch out one leg, and then repeat for the other side.

I think it looks better than normal bars, but I don't find it useful for putting my feet up.
It's there to keep the engine off the ground if the bike falls over.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's there to keep the engine off the ground if the bike falls over.
That's interesting. During my exhaustive research on this bar, I saw many reviews that said the bar comes with a sticker attached that says "Not for egine crash protection" or something to that nature. A lot of the reviews echoed your statement about the gas tank getting in the way as well. I may have to reconsider and go with the Cobra bar. Hmmmm....what to do....:confused:

·
Registered
159 Posts
There is such a sticker right in the top center of the bar. And I don't know how much protection it would offer in a crash, but it's probably stronger than my leg, so it doesn't hurt. However, if you're pushing your bike backward into a parking spot, and turn the handlebars too sharply and lay your bike down, the only thing that touches the ground is the multibar.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I'm ready to pull the trigger on a Lindby Multibar for my '07 900 Classic, but I would like to get some reviews from people who are using this bar. My biggest concern is foot position. While doing research on this bar, I have seen pics of folks using additional footpegs with this bar, which defeats the whole purpose of buying this bar (for me anyway). So, how comfortable is this bar on your feet/legs? Are your feet too high? I'm 5'11" & 175 lbs if that helps.

Lindby Multibar
The foot position would be fine if I didn't have short legs :(I am 5'9". I can pop my feet up, but i would be more comfortable with another inch or 2. I don't see how foot pegs would help. The Lindby looks way cool and if you aren't verticallly challenged it should work fine.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have one on my 09 classic. It looks good, I do get my legs up on it and can get comfortable. I think some put pegs out to the side for yet another option. I thought about it, but I am comfy as it is.

From what I gather, most manufactures are putting disclaimers on their crash bars/highway bars. They can save your leg and parts of your bike in some cases.

My two cents.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I'm 5'8" with a 30" inseam. The only way I can can get both feet comfortably on the bar at once is to scoot forward just a bit on the seat from my normal riding position. But I don't mind doing that occasionally, because I have a driver's back rest on the bike also. Moving forward and leaning back also shifts my weight to a slightly different spot, for a little backside relief

I think some day I may try some of the pegs with off-sets that might move them closer. But for now, I'm happy with the look and function of the Lindby.

·
Registered
273 Posts
multi bar

I agree with otrp. I am 6-1 220 and I comfortably rest my feet on the pegs with my mustang seat with BR. I don't have any problem getting around the tank. I kind of wish the rubber didn't have the knob on the ends sometimes but it does keep them from moving too.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I'm 5'8" with a 30" inseam. The only way I can can get both feet comfortably on the bar at once is to scoot forward just a bit on the seat from my normal riding position. But I don't mind doing that occasionally, because I have a driver's back rest on the bike also. Moving forward and leaning back also shifts my weight to a slightly different spot, for a little backside relief

I think some day I may try some of the pegs with off-sets that might move them closer. But for now, I'm happy with the look and function of the Lindby.
5'10", but same inseam. In fact, all the rest of my comments are the same too !

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the replies! Based on you all's comments I think I'm going to stick with the multibar. Mainly because it fullfills three roles: Foot pegs ("built in" to the multibar), Highway bars, and engine guard.....and of course it looks good as well. I haven't ridden my 900 in almost two years, and I'll be home for a couple of weeks TDY/Leave and would like to install the multibar and take it out a few times before I have to return to Japan. I think the hardest part will be getting used to riding on the right hand side of the road again! :eek:

·
Registered
172 Posts
I put the Multibar on my 06' Vulcan 900 and I'm not tall at 5'8" and find it works well for me. Some fellas are a bit more bow legged than myself and they may do better with pegs they can move around to adjust for fit and I didn't care for the looks of those. I looked at pics of other bars and chose the Multibar for it's looks. It actually saved my ass one day. A rather large section of tractor trailer tire tread kicked up from under the car in front of me and the rite side of the bar deflected it as it aimed directly at my mug! The mounting screw in the center is kind of cheesy in the strength department but still the bar getting whacked is better than my leg. Often I seem to put myself in awkward positions and find myself off balance, one day that bar is gonna save the bike from getting damaged.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So I came home from Japan on leave and my new Lindby Multibar was waiting at Dad's house (Thank you Motorcyclesuperstore.com). Installation was cake. Had to relocate the horn to the right side of the frame just in front of the fuel tank (this was the hardest part, and it was simple). I've ridden almost 200 miles with the multibar and I gotta say, I love it! It looks great and is very functional. I've tried several different ways to prop my feet (size 11 boot) on the footpads and my preferred position is simply resting my heels on top of the pads and left my toes point out to the sides. I paid $249 at http://www.motorcyclesuperstore.com and they shipped to TN for free. I highly recommend this bar for an engine guard/highway bar/footpeg all-in-one solution.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Just a note, I relocated my horn below the tank, on the right side. Looks natural.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts