Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all... I am sick of the dealer telling me it won't work and want to get a bracket fabricated so they will fit on my Custom. Not sure if someone has already done this or not, but it clearly needs to be installed further forward than the custom's foot pegs are... so I need a special bracket.

if anyone has one installed on their classic, i'd appreciate pics of the front where they attach to the forward bolt of the footboards. i'm also gonna look on line for higher res. pics of the classic's setup...

THANKS!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hey all... I am sick of the dealer telling me it won't work and want to get a bracket fabricated so they will fit on my Custom. Not sure if someone has already done this or not, but it clearly needs to be installed further forward than the custom's foot pegs are... so I need a special bracket.

if anyone has one installed on their classic, i'd appreciate pics of the front where they attach to the forward bolt of the footboards. i'm also gonna look on line for higher res. pics of the classic's setup...

THANKS!
What sort of problems are you having? Pegs too close to bar or bar just won't fit on bike due to mounting problems?

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea that's what i figured... i need to extend the bracket forward.

not having any problems yet... haven't bought them! i want them though... i thought about the forward controls but thats another big expense i didn't want to spend money on yet.

thanks

·
Registered
953 Posts

THANKS!
I hope these help.

:cool:

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
thanks ken...

actually, i don't know what they are talking about because it looks like we have the same setup... 2 mounting brackets welded to the frame that my peg bracket and your board bracket goes to?!?! wtf chuck?

(um yea.... the bolt?!?! i found one missing after a ride and the local dealer had to ORDER one?!?! so i got that from home depot for the time being...)

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the only thing that looks off is the space around the bolt... the custom bracket is limited because of the welded pieces around the bolt?!?! hmmm...

·
Registered
953 Posts
the only thing that looks off is the space around the bolt... the custom bracket is limited because of the welded pieces around the bolt?!?! hmmm...
There was a guy who rode a green custom on here awhile back that had a Lindbar he was selling. It looks like the darn thing should just bolt on. Have you called the guys from Lindby?

·
Registered
658 Posts
There was a guy who rode a green custom on here awhile back that had a Lindbar he was selling. It looks like the darn thing should just bolt on. Have you called the guys from Lindby?
I had emailed them a while back when I was looking for an engine guard for my custom. They told me that it would not fit the custom cause of the position of the foot controls. I ended up going with the Cobra engine guards.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Seems to me if you had a grinder you could make it fit just have to touch up bracket after.

·
Registered
300 Posts

THANKS!
I've got a MC engine guard now on my Custom & it doesn't look much different (if at all) on the lower attachment as the Lindby does. Just wish I hadn't bought the MC now as I think the Lindby can work (either as is or w/the extended bracket).

·
Registered
194 Posts
When I had mine on, I mounted the controls on top of the mounting tab of the Linbar. I used spacers to keep everything in line and longer bolts. I wish I had pics but I no longer have the bar on my bike.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so shagg... the controls are what gets in the way, not the bracket??

that sux... wonder if it's worth spending the $250 to get it and "try" to get it on?! :)

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok... talked to the manufacturer and some tech for the company...

it's the bracket, not the controls. they are actually working on a modified mount for the custom but are not sure when it is going to be available. if you want it now... you can buy them but you will have to grind down the edge that hits the bracket ... i think the welds are more in the way but not sure. will find out more when i order mine later this year!

·
Registered
747 Posts
A guy on the other site ordered a lindy mounted it on his custom. He said it fit, and looked great, only reason it didn't work is because his feet hit the lindy when he was shifting. He said he had a size 13 shoe or something, and thought people with a smaller foot wouldn't have any problems. Just a heads up.

·
Registered
300 Posts
A guy on the other site ordered a lindy mounted it on his custom. He said it fit, and looked great, only reason it didn't work is because his feet hit the lindy when he was shifting. He said he had a size 13 shoe or something, and thought people with a smaller foot wouldn't have any problems. Just a heads up.
Doughrek,
You had a bike pic on this forum that looked like a Custom (had front fender & custom style front wheel) w/the Lindby bar. I knowy you've since sold the parts off that bike, but how did you end up mounting the Lindby on your Custom? Did you need to grind the bar bracket or the cycle bracket to make it fit?

·
Registered
194 Posts
ok... talked to the manufacturer and some tech for the company...

it's the bracket, not the controls. they are actually working on a modified mount for the custom but are not sure when it is going to be available. if you want it now... you can buy them but you will have to grind down the edge that hits the bracket ... i think the welds are more in the way but not sure. will find out more when i order mine later this year!
I had that problem with mine. Instead of grinding on the crash bar I mounted the controls on top of it. Took up the space with aluminum spacers and I liked the way it widened the pegs just a bit.

·
Registered
953 Posts

THANKS!
Jagered,
Order the damn thing, install it, then ride over to the dealer and tell him he is full of SGHT.:cool:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Did you end up buying/installing the Lindby Jagered?

Would be good to know how it works, thats the only bar I've found that i like enough to want to put on my bike

1 - 20 of 26 Posts