Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, being new to the VN1700N, I'm looking for advice on a Light Bar for my 2011 Nomad.

Any suggestions? I see the OEM model retails for over 400.00 Are there any other popular options?

Jody

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
I decided to stay with the Kawasaki version because I liked the way it mounted and the position of the on off switch. I paid $326 for mine from Amazon but it looks like it's now $334 from the same seller.

·
Registered
375 Posts
JMB
Give Chuckster's a call and see if he is still offering his driving lights mounts for your bike. I don't have his number, but you can google his website for it. It is not the traditional light bar, but looks like a quality product.
Good luck with the search.
WEG

·
Registered
547 Posts
Stay away from the cheapee on ebay.Son bought a nomad with one on it and the spots were weak and rattled themselves to death. The turns are ugly and impedance issues cause a fast flash. The bar as mounted was point about 30degrees up. I just went through the process of uncluging it. Had to bend and grind on the mount plate to get it to sit level. The bar itself with a little work is ok but by the time you add quality turns and spots your better off buying the Kaw version.

Gary

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all on the options. I did stumble across the Chuckster website last night. It is a little different in the way it mounts. I'll be selling my 2003 Volusia, so that will be my bling money for the Nomad. :D

·
Registered
189 Posts
I got mine from Chucksters. I abosutely love them. Very good quality and excellent instructions for installation. Talk about lighting up a highway!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts