Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mounted my Jardine light bar on my 900LT recently, and thought I'd share the method.

The instructions said to draw power from the wire that feeds the front running lights, but I was a little uncomfortable putting that load on such a small wire.

I bought a small 1/2 by 1/2 by 1 inch ice cube relay at Auto Zone for about six bucks. I drew primary power and ground from the accessory tap in the headlight bucket, and connected the relay control wire to the running light wire. I then tied the relay to the wiring harness so it wouldn't hang loose. One could also use double sticky foam mounting pads to stick it to the headlight can.

Works perfectly, with no overload concerns on the main lighting system.

·
Registered
782 Posts
That is basically the same thing I did. Although, my power comes from a wire I ran from the battery through a little manual switch just in case I wanted to turn off the driving lights. But I used the little relay, tied it into the running light wire and put the whole shebang in the headlight bucket.

You know what they say about great minds.:D Of course, I still don't know what they say about my mind...:confused:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts