Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry....another light bar question. Just installed a Cobra light bar (p/n 04-0468) on my 2015 classic lt. Followed supplied instructions - picked up power in the headlight bucket, red wire w/ blue stripe on left directional harness. Lights stay on with headlight on low or high beam - is that normal? Should I be concerned of damage to the stator if the spots are on with high beam for extended time?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Sounds to me like you hooked into a wire that is hot with the key on. The kawi light bar has you hook into the low side of the headlight. I used that wire to switch a relay and the bar pulled its power directly from the battery. Here is a picture that I used to wire the relay. Its is highly suggested that you use a realy as those bulbs pull quite a bit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Forgive my electrical ignorance... but if I stay wired the way it is wouldn't there be less draw on the directional circuit than if it was wired into the headlight/low beam circuit? Meaning the running lights/directional w/spots must draw less power than the headlight/low beam w/ spots.
My concern is, if I happen to leave high beams on along with the spots on the light bar - will this be an issue?

Thanks

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,849 Posts
I have my Cobra wired to the high beams. I run them on high all the time with no problems. Get a wire tester to make things easier.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I keep mine wired to the high beam as well. I want to make sure I'm seen. Got tired of almost getting run over. no problems with the stator.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts