Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi all,

I bought these additional headlights with H4 bulbs, wired them with headlight circuit and blew a fuse (too much amp draw :l ). I want to ask if someone can recommend me some cheap H4 LED bulbs or atleast explain me how to do separate circuitry on this bike...I'd prefer to go with LEDs. Searched on ebay and there are some bulbs like 15, 20, 25watts, and then there are some more powerful like 50watts hi/lo beam lights.

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Is math the same for LEDs? Amps=Watts/Volts? Because I've seen some bulbs on ebay with lower results in description than my calculations

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
https://ledrider.com. Justin offers a fine product and good service also. I have a pair of his 10 W LEDs with the narrow been that really throw light down the road.

Add electrical farkles carefully. You don't want to go much over 35W each on the driving lights. Your alternator is only 240W total with only 110W available for accessories.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Bill, but it will be expensive to get those since I'm in EU...
I had other 'side' lights, but they were using S2 bulbs 35w each, previous owner dropped the bike and broke one lens and housing. I'll probably buy brighter, better quality Halogen for main light and some 10-15w LED H4s for 'side' lamps, just to be noticed on the road since cagers here don't care about 2 wheelers much. Should do the job.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Put 3 35/35w Osram Silverstar bulbs. Can't be happier with the result. Very, very bright light.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts