Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you using to lift your Nomad? I have a Harbor Freight motorcycle lift that has a minimum 5 1/4" clearance. With the Jack adapter I only have a clearance of 3 1/4"

Thanks for your help.

Paul

·
Premium Member
943 Posts
took me a minute to figure it out.

I had the same problem,
I have a wheel chock that I run the front tire into , I marked the position of the rear tire. Next I cut (2) 2 feet long 2 x 12's. I used 2 deck screws to join them to give me a 4" thick piece. I then cut that on a 30 degree bevel on one end. Which I use as a ramp to lift the back wheel. I used a wood bit to drill (2) 1" deep holes which I put (2) 4" deck screws to hold it in place ( hence the earlier mark the center position of the rear tire). I shot it out the trailer several times before I realized that I needed to anchor the ramp. So the front tire settles into the wheel chock as the rear tire rest on the center of the ramp. :grin2: once up the jack and adaptor worked wonderfully.
I have changed tires without the jack adapter but that is a heart attack for another day.:devil2:

·
Registered
175 Posts
I had the same problem with my 01 Nomad. I did as bearslayer did, ran the front wheel into a chock with the rear wheels on a couple boards and slid the jack under.

Once on the jack, my Nomad was rock solid.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts