Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got 66K on my 2010 Voyager and just paid it off. How long can I ride free? In other words, how many more miles do I have?

·
Registered
580 Posts
As long as you do regular maintenance I don't know why you wouldn't get well over 100,000. There are plenty of Metric bikes with that kind of mileage still going strong.

·
Registered
235 Posts
As long as you do regular maintenance I don't know why you wouldn't get well over 100,000. There are plenty of Metric bikes with that kind of mileage still going strong.
Maintenance is the key. Oil and air filters with regular oil changes. Brake fluid and coolant changes. and don't forget to grease those Zerk fittings and bearings both tire and steering neck. Once every 3-4 months spend some time and tighten all screws bolts and nuts. While your doing this is when you might notice any oil or water leaks. Take care of those pronto and keep on riding.

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
I am anal about changing oil at 3,000 mile. And doing all the required interval maintenance that the shop manual shows.

I had over 300k miles on my last scoot a 2002 Yamaha Venture. Time will tell about my 2011 Voyager. Only have over 50k on it now.

·
Registered
226 Posts
So I got 66K on my 2010 Voyager and just paid it off. How long can I ride free? In other words, how many more miles do I have?
No such thing as a free ride...... if it has tits or wheels it will give you problems! :)
I ran my VN1700 250,000 miles without doing anything to the engine except fluids, filters and spark plugs. I used only Kawasaki fluids and filters, all bets are off if you use cheaper stuff...... (ducking and running)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the input. I was kinda vague but what I really wanted to know is it realistic to shoot for 100K or should I get a new skoot next year.

I like to drive the cages until they drop. had 250k on my F150 before it died. Wanted some kinda life expectancy on a bike. Congrats to those who achieved this!

Not to start a fight but I have been using Amsoil almost since the first with their oil filter. Otherwise regular maintenance and Mother Kaw's parts.

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
I do about 800 miles a week or so doing Patriot Guard runs. I have two other scoots I ride besides the Voyager. Try to ride them all about the same to keep the gas good and seals good.... gas goes bad quickly here. Even Stabul does not help...

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I thought mine would last a long time. Who would of thought the KACR would fly apart at 50,000 miles. Maybe one day they will get it all back together so I can trade it in on something more reliable like a ...

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
so I can trade it in on something more reliable like a ...
Yamaha............ I will go back to Yamaha after I wear this Kawasaki out....

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
I will still go back to Yamaha... had 350k miles on my last one... A Venture...

Have not seen a Victory with that many miles yet... But..... not wild bout the look.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Yamaha............ I will go back to Yamaha after I wear this Kawasaki out....
Hopefully there will be something to go back to. Seeing as how Yamaha finally put the Royal Star Venture out to pasture with no signs of replacing it though make me wonder if they haven't bowed out of the full sized touring cruiser market for the foreseeable future. Would be a shame if that were the case.

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
The next Venture will be a 2 cylinder. With the last Venture, they only imported 500 a year. Thats why even the big dealers only had a few and smaller ones 1 or none.... The dealer I worked for in Nevada could only floor one unless he bought them outright first, but only sold about 4 a year. Only took about 3 days to get them from Cypress. Everyone was buying the Vstar 1100 the most, which they also stopped making. (I have 3)

He was selling the Road Star and Stratoliners and the then new 1300....

My Venture was a 2002.

But he was selling the crap out of the Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 and other Vulcan's...

He sold tons of Yamaha and Kawai dirt bikes.

The local Kawasaki/Yamaha dealer I go to stopped selling Yamaha motorcycles because he said no one was buying them and Yamaha was getting too hard to deal with. He sells the crap out of Kawasaki and Honda.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts