Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone relocated the plate on your classic? I have searched this and other forums and Google. I have seen what others have done on the custom but I'm not seeing anything for the classic while keeping the stock fender. I just want to clean up the rear fender area a little, new signals, relocate, side mount, etc.

Either I'm not seeing it or everyone else is satisfied with the rear fender area on the classic. :eek:

I'm going to put a swing arm bag on it and I think a side mount plate would look great. Your thoughts?

Thanks.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I never understood side mounts unless they are necessary due to highly custom fenders and the like. Seems to me that's a wind catcher you just don't need. Also I think this is the best looking "stock" mounting position of any bike I have seen. Will probably be leaving it as it or close to it.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
I agree with darkarcher on this one. I don't see anything unsightly with the OEM look and think it is better than most. But I do understand your question if you are looking to convert to a bobber with a custom fender.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice darkarcher, what lighting set up did you use? I just bought the LED brake light bulb with flasher, but I like the idea of using the turn signals also.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Nice darkarcher, what lighting set up did you use? I just bought the LED brake light bulb with flasher, but I like the idea of using the turn signals also.
Those are the custom dynamics dynamic clusters. Also have the dynamic rings on the front. Clear lenses from kuryakan and flashing brake light from superbrightleds.com.
http://www.customdynamics.com/kawasaki_turn_signal_led.htm

Wife was behind me in the car one day and said it was very difficult to tell when the brake light came on because there wasnt a big enough difference in brightness. I think i solved that safety issue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts