Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone come up with a cure ? I have lowers on my beast , a tool bag on the forks, and my drink holder seems to help some as well. When i ride with a lid its not to bad but if use a full face i can hardly stand it. My windshield is also tilted back & in line with my forks. YA YA i know its been discussed before but im renewing it cause so far to my knowledge ( limited as it is ) i just havnt heard of a good solution. Thanks, Bulldozer,first guy says take off the windscreen gonna get a boot up his a$$..

·
Registered
684 Posts
Slow down ???:D

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tilt the windscreen up higher? to deflect the air higher over your head?

I had this problem on my V2K but the lowers fixed it just fine...

Annie
I have tried the screen in every position up down high low forward back etc. Since im retired i have time to work on this crap ALOT. Annie you have different lowers than i do i wonder if yours are better ? Bulldozer

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Slow down ???:D
I knew it, some one would pick on me > forgot to include slowing down with the boot in the a$$ column ....... So if i was wanting to go slow i would have bought me a baby scoot like a 1500, but i appreciate your advice ! Bulldozer

·
Registered
684 Posts
OUCH !!! That 1500 crack HURTS lol :)

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dry your eyes and toughen up R-man, maybe one of these days you will be growed up enough to ride a big scoot ............. Bulldozer, im not plannin to be in Idaho anytime soon so dont get your hopes up.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I'll try to cowboy up bulldozer :) Do hope you find the right combination - I know it was a noisy mess before I put my lowers on. Luckily they made a huge difference for me.

PS - so how does it work retiring in South America ?? Good deal ??

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Complicated answer R-man, the cost of living is about half of what it is in the US except for gas its about the same, a big lunch costs me $2.00 and its good a movie is $1.75 and they are in English.. If you speak spanish its really easy to live here , i do but Mrs. Bulldozer doesnt so its very difficult for her and as you can imagine that makes it difficult for me when she is not happy ! I ride everyday with a great group of locals and retired guys from all over so i am occupied all the time not to mention the fishing & other stuff there is to do. The Mrs. on the other hand is bored to death, she rides but the drivers down here along with the dogs , chickens and big lizards make her nervous so she doesnt go as often as i do. So the bottom line is if you are single it is paradise ( lots of my buds have local girl friends the women here are beautiful and treat men way different than in the US with the exception of Annie of coarse ) but if you are married and move here your better half better have a bunch of hobbies. We wont mention being half way around the World from kids & family, doesnt bug me but once again she frets all the time despite the fact i keep tellin her they are all grown up and dont need her buggin them.... So i dont know if i answered your question or not but there are definitely pros and cons.. Bulldozer

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
mine are national cycle chrome lowers....
I just found your pic over on the other thread... yeah, mine set are wider...and they have a little bend on em at the sides... might make a difference in how they work?....

LOL ! just read your cute comment about me... LOL !! so you sink I knoow how to treat zee men propairly huh??? LOL....:)

annie

OTE=bulldozer;106203]I have tried the screen in every position up down high low forward back etc. Since im retired i have time to work on this crap ALOT. Annie you have different lowers than i do i wonder if yours are better ? Bulldozer[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
684 Posts
Thanks bulldozer. A trade off, like anywhere I guess. Do you feel safe down there ? And what are the options if a guy wanted to just spend winters there - is that possible if you are not Donald Trump ?

·
Registered
56 Posts
:cool:

Just for the heck of it,....check your tires,rims and possibly the balance beads.
Sometimes aftermarket tire treads can "rib" on ya a little and cause a rough ride.
Don't forget motor mounts either..! :D

Or maybe you could take two '1500's and tie them together and have a Vulcan 3000 !!!!! ..(WAY better than a 2000'..... :cool: )

·
Registered
44 Posts
I may not be sure what you mean, are you talking about the front of your bike moving around or your head? what does your screen look like, is it the standard deal, sitting down on the headlight ? If the screen does not come down far enough below the tank on each side its no good.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks bulldozer. A trade off, like anywhere I guess. Do you feel safe down there ? And what are the options if a guy wanted to just spend winters there - is that possible if you are not Donald Trump ?
2K a month and you live like a king,renting a nice home etc. 3 k gets you a full time maid and gardner & a nice home, if you are single maybe a bit more cause there are literally hundreds of women you will want to take out, at least where i live ! Safety is not an issue at all, i feel safer here than in most big cities in the US, now if you are out chasing girls and drinking in seedy places down here you might run into trouble. I leave my helmet, gear and other stuff on my bike all the time at the mall or restaurants just about every where and its never been messed with. Biggest hassle i have is people wanting to take pics with my bike.. Bulldozer

·
Registered
91 Posts
2K a month and you live like a king,renting a nice home etc. 3 k gets you a full time maid and gardner & a nice home, if you are single maybe a bit more cause there are literally hundreds of women you will want to take out, at least where i live ! Safety is not an issue at all, i feel safer here than in most big cities in the US, now if you are out chasing girls and drinking in seedy places down here you might run into trouble. I leave my helmet, gear and other stuff on my bike all the time at the mall or restaurants just about every where and its never been messed with. Biggest hassle i have is people wanting to take pics with my bike.. Bulldozer
Dozer

I'm sure I should know and should have seen it, but where are you talking about?

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I may not be sure what you mean, are you talking about the front of your bike moving around or your head? what does your screen look like, is it the standard deal, sitting down on the headlight ? If the screen does not come down far enough below the tank on each side its no good.
I have the stock screen on my Beast, it is tilted back so it lines up with the forks, i will attempt to add a pic. If you look close i used the caps off of the stock risers to bring the bottom of the shield bracket forward , i actually have less wind buffeting since i tilted it back but its still pretty ruff over 70 mph. Bulldozer

Attachments

·
Registered
198 Posts
Before I put a fairing on my V2K I was running the stock Kawi windshield and lowers. I was also getting a lot of wind buffeting that I couldn't get rid of no matter how I adjusted the windshield and lowers. So I designed and cut larger sized lowers out of Lexan that I installed. Problem solved - no more buffetting at any speed.

Stock lowers

Larger lowers

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Before I put a fairing on my V2K I was running the stock Kawi windshield and lowers. I was also getting a lot of wind buffeting that I couldn't get rid of no matter how I adjusted the windshield and lowers. So I designed and cut larger sized lowers out of Lexan that I installed. Problem solved - no more buffetting at any speed.

Stock lowers

Larger lowers

I dont suppose you still have them i would pay big bucks, hows $20 sound, of coarse i would pay postage.......

·
Registered
198 Posts
I dont suppose you still have them i would pay big bucks, hows $20 sound, of coarse i would pay postage.......
Sorry, I plan on keeping them as I do with all my old motorcycle stuff. You never know when you might need them somewhere down the road.

However, you can easily make a set for yourself for about $20 in materials cost and your own time in labor. This web site should give you an idea of how it's done:

http://home.insightbb.com/~kpmh.005/N-Lowers.htm

1 - 20 of 36 Posts