Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i only bought the bike 3 weeks ago and it has been back to the dealer 3 times now this time they want to order some parts from kawasaki and keep it for over a week!!! i like the bike and hope this fixes it but in case the fi light comes on again does anyone know anything about lemon law on a used bike? thanks in advance!!
ps they said they are ordering a new throttle body because the butterfly is not opening properly they said the code was for the secondairy throttle position sensor..... i didnt even see that code when i was looking through the service manual!!!! so may be just made up crap!! who knows

·
Registered
455 Posts
Search you state rules on lemon law

·
Registered
658 Posts
i only bought the bike 3 weeks ago and it has been back to the dealer 3 times now this time they want to order some parts from kawasaki and keep it for over a week!!! i like the bike and hope this fixes it but in case the fi light comes on again does anyone know anything about lemon law on a used bike? thanks in advance!!
ps they said they are ordering a new throttle body because the butterfly is not opening properly they said the code was for the secondairy throttle position sensor..... i didnt even see that code when i was looking through the service manual!!!! so may be just made up crap!! who knows
no idea on lemon laws, but what dealer? I am on LI too so I an curious (PM me if you don't want to say on line)

also, if you want to ride some time let me know I am on the northshore eastern Suffolk county.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Lemon laws are a state function so you'll have to check the laws in your state. However, I'm not aware of any lemon laws in any state that apply to used bikes/cars/etc. I can almost guarantee that you signed a piece of paper when you bought the bike that stated you were buying it 'as is'.

·
Registered
85 Posts
are they paying for the throttle body? or are U?

Are Motorcycles And Off-Road Vehicles Covered?

Motorcycles and off-road vehicles are not covered by the law.

http://www.carlemon.com/lemon/NY_LemonGuide.html

·
Registered
123 Posts
If you bought the bike used from a dealer you are screwed. Best bet is to trade it in and start over if you keep having problems.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Service code 32 is for the sub throttle (secondary throttle) malfunction. Wire open or a short circuit. The parts are not sold seperately so a new throttle body is in order. Why is everyone on this thread so wired up about the lemon law and your bike being a piece of cr*p? Let them fix it and enjoy your new ride.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
not worring about it being a piece of [email protected] but just worried i bought it 3 weeks ago and its been to the dealer 3 times!! once a week is crazy plus getting rides to and from dealer sucks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
also, if you want to ride some time let me know I am on the northshore eastern Suffolk county.
hell yea lets ride!i'll let you know when i get it back i missed a ride today with guys from work because bike is at the dealer
dont want to bad mouth dealer yet (hopefully) they'll fix it this time just curious because if they would have just ordered the part the first time i wouldn't have to go back so often!!!!
but we'll talk when were on the road!
ps im on south shore eastern li but i like riding to south hold!!!! so we can def hook up!

·
Registered
658 Posts
hell yea lets ride!i'll let you know when i get it back i missed a ride today with guys from work because bike is at the dealer
dont want to bad mouth dealer yet (hopefully) they'll fix it this time just curious because if they would have just ordered the part the first time i wouldn't have to go back so often!!!!
but we'll talk when were on the road!
ps im on south shore eastern li but i like riding to south hold!!!! so we can def hook up!
Awesome PM sent.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts