Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my new Voyager yesterday. Great bike, but I need to know how to compensate for my 28 inch inseam and the almost 29 inch seat hight. I know I can get new thick tread riding boots, and maybe you guys know of other solutions. lowering kit is an option, but I'm not sure of the cost or how much lower it will make the seat. I assume it will lower the floorboard drag as well. Will an aftermarket seat allow me to stop flat footed. I would appreciate your input. I know I am not the only short legged guy with a big bike. My other bike is an 08 Suzuki C50T with Mustang seat. That one fits me perfect, but I really want the Voyager to be my primary bike. I figure if anyone can help with this issue, it will be you folks. Thanks in advance for your constructive suggestions.
Jerry Huffman
Corpus Christi TX

·
Registered
497 Posts
I too was looking for a lower seat - after looking at the photos on the Corbin site, it looked like their seat may do the trick. Well, it arrived yesterday and the difference is hardly noticeable. One huge difference, however, is that it moves you back quite a bit. So for you tall guys that feel cramped, this is a good solution.

·
Registered
900 Posts
on my nomad - same seat - under it there are 5 rubber bumper plugs, i pulled these out and it lowerd the seat about 3/8-1/2 inch. Not alot, but it helped me a bit.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did the new seat move you sor far back in the seat that you need 2" risers to hold the bars ? 2" risers should take the bars up and back.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Carguy,

Have you checked the air pressure in your rear shocks? I'm not sure if that would affect ride height but it would affect the amount of sag when you sit in the saddle. I have a 28" inseam too and on my 2010 Nomad I can't quite flat foot it but I can get enough boot down to feel stable. I ride solo and keep my rear shocks at 5psi and I think the preload is set at 2. Once you get this sorted out you're gonna love the bike.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
on my nomad - same seat - under it there are 5 rubber bumper plugs, i pulled these out and it lowerd the seat about 3/8-1/2 inch. Not alot, but it helped me a bit.
I did that - can't hurt, but doesn't help that much either.
Carguy,

Have you checked the air pressure in your rear shocks? I'm not sure if that would affect ride height but it would affect the amount of sag when you sit in the saddle. I have a 28" inseam too and on my 2010 Nomad I can't quite flat foot it but I can get enough boot down to feel stable. I ride solo and keep my rear shocks at 5psi and I think the preload is set at 2. Once you get this sorted out you're gonna love the bike.
I pulled the seat plugs and it did help. i checked the shocks they only have 2lbs.i will shop for some quality thick tread boots tomorrow. as long as they don't have HD printed on them i should be good under $ 150. i need to get some seat time on the bike. it only has 8 miles on it. i just got it tagged this afternoon. hope it might lower some with a good ride.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, just ordered the PHATRISERS, which claim 2" up and 2" back.
I read about those. they said you may have to reroute the cluthc or brake cable. Sounds like something i may like to try. please let me know how the work out for you.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SHORT LEGS or TALL SEAT

Ok, I found the combination that works for me. Thanks to all those who posted their ideas.:D For me it's: pull the seat bumpers...set air shocks to 0 lbs pressure and a good pair of high top thick sole boots. I am now flat footed at the stops. I can feel that I am in control of the bike rather than the other way around. When the bike is on center or in a lean for the swooping turn it feels right. Thanks again guys.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts