Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having a hard time find a legit answer here help me out.

In the state of Georgia...Is it Legal or Illegal to have no mirrors on the bike?

·
Registered
209 Posts
And greatly improves your odds of becoming a hood ornament on someones SUV.:confused: Just my view on your question; form follows function.

Don't thnk that Georgia would approve of the idea; Texas requires at least one.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Geesh, guys. He's asking a question about legal requirements, not if you have an opinion about being so stiff-necked you can't turn your head before changing lanes.

Thanks for the strait-up answer, Nomad.

·
Registered
209 Posts
To achieve the appearance you want, with the function that mirrors provide, look at "Bar End Mirrors" such as CRG Lane Splitters or the Rizoma line at PJ Parts. Napolean also makes Bar End items.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Geesh, guys. He's asking a question about legal requirements, not if you have an opinion about being so stiff-necked you can't turn your head before changing lanes.

Thanks for the strait-up answer, Nomad.
I don't know, Helek.

By asking on an open forum he/she is opening the door to opinions, so is life online. But most importantly, while some of the comments are not phrased very friendly or positive, they show a concern for safety which is common in most bike forums. If he had asked "what is the legal requirements to kill yourself" you would also find people trying to argue his reasons for doing so.

While in drag races you want to reduce weight and nobody is behind you on the lane (thus, "the look") this is hardly the case on the street. "The look" has a reason on a drag race, but has no logical base on the street. In most respect, this would categorize him as "a poser", just wanting to have his bike "look" like he drags.

Anyway, OP, we just care about your well being. Of course you can do what you want with your bike. And, I live in Fla, where mirrors and a horizontal tag are required, but not a helmet. :rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts