Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,
Yesterday I decided I'd ride into work, but while I was cleaning 'er up I found out the left side cover (engine cover opposite the air box) had come loose. Turns out over time the little plastic hooks that go into the rings broke, leaving the right side hanging. And apparently there also used to be a bolt on the left side of the cover, as there is now a hole.
I'm ashamed to say I did not notice it sooner...anyway. now I got a bunch of exposed wires hanging.

Anyway, I was wondering if you guys knew about any aftermarket covers that fit the stock mounting holes. I did a quick search and found nothing but the stock one for $70+.
I don't mind paying for the stock replacement, I just thought maybe there is something more attractive out there than the stock chunk of chromed plastic.

Thanks in advance for your ideas and I apologize if this has been asked before.

Cheers.

Edit:
Oh man...I feel so dumb. After posting this I found several posts on this topic and kinda got an idea of my solutions and alternatives.
Your ideas are still welcome, haha.

Attachments

·
BOTM Winner, October 2016
537 Posts
I got that part smedlin, just looking at swapping mine out as well, figured an air cleaner cover might come around easier, just have to modify it some.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What did you find out? Been thinking of a Kings Mountain air cover to swap mine out.
My thread was about the coil cover on the left, not the air box.

But either way...haha. I have a thunder manufacturing round air box with a cover that reads "125 ci"
Considering a tornado (cone) air kit though, I like the look of those.

·
Registered
186 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
So who DOES make a cool looking coil cover?

Okay, after posting this, I went and looked, and REALLY like the Thunder MFG one...maybe a future purchase

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
now I got a bunch of exposed wires hanging.
Thanks in advance for your ideas and I apologize if this has been asked before.
tj, can't post pix from this eye pad, butt look at the RedBear'n May 12 BOTM for ideas. I shitcanned that cover an moved all them lectrix dofarbles. Coils relocate tween the jugs. Flat blak invisible paint the fuel pump. Cleans up the leff side a bunch. More open air cool an show off those BigGuns. or jus put ya nother cover up yor motor? poncho

here be some pix.. where da wires go?

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the pics, Ponch. Sweet lookin' sled ya got there. Now, when you tucked the cables between the jugs, did you bolt them to anything, did you fashion yourself some kind of mounting rig, or are they just tucked in there and held by their own tight fit?

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Thanks for the pics, Ponch. Sweet lookin' sled ya got there. Now, when you tucked the cables between the jugs, did you bolt them to anything, did you fashion yourself some kind of mounting rig, or are they just tucked in there and held by their own tight fit?
pix not words

Attachments

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
tj, missed yor question. you was asking about the coils.? I hung them sideways tween the Jugs. I tried to find a skinny bolt to sandwich them together but came up empty, so I used a piece of wire to give them the pair'd look.
They just float, suspended by that hevy duty fuel line. they dont give me no truble. have worked fine for 6yrs 50k smiles. poncho

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts