Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dealer has one 09 black, should I or not?
Currently have 08-klr650, 06-SV1000S, 09-Versys 650
Do I need a cruiser?
Pricing 5999$ plus fee's.
Many of my associates ride Harley's, will I feel Ok riding wit-em?
No Harley rants now.

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
I love my 900, I bought a left over 09 and it is great. I don't have a problem riding with anyone.

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Who cares what the Harley guys think! It's the wind in the face ride that's important. The rest is all politics, which I choose to leave behind when I jump on my bike....

·
Registered
35 Posts
I picked up my new 2009 Custom 900 in November... offered the dealer $5500 and we settled at $5600. Dealers are hurting now, especially in winter months... so you can probably get a few more bucks off that price. The bike is great by the way, I love it!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I got my holdover 09 last summer for 5799 and am very happy with the decision. Its a great a price for a brand new mid size cruiser.
And don't worry about the harley riders. I have friends and family that I ride with that are diehard harley riders and they're stoked about my now modded up :) kawi. As far as hangin with em....... those 96 in. motors everyones rockin now have more power and most have a sixth gear (not to mention the 103 in.). But the 900 still has the balls to ride with em (actually more than I thought it would), and the speed limit is 70, and you will be able to go alot faster than that.
There are many Harley riders out there (and wannabes that dont even ride) that will hate on you because you ride a foreign job. But they're dicks, so %$#@ em.

·
Registered
138 Posts
If you like and want the 900, the answer is a resounding yes!

I purchased my black 09 classic last January (2010) for 6k plus tax, that was it, no other fees. As mentioned above, you should be able to work a better deal with the economy the way it is. Try $5,500 plus tax with no other fees and see what happens. The bike is two model years old.

As mentioned, don't worry about the Harley mentality. I've been around motorcycles and hot rods since the 1970's. Believe me, Harleys are not the standard bikes are measured by. Not knocking them, just think they should water cool them and get it over with. They are not better than metric, just different.

You will have just as good a ride with the 900 for far less out of your pocket and less money for maintenance compared to getting a Harley.

My two cents

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought my 09 in January of 2010 for $6000 + tax. No fees. I suspect, as others have already stated, that you can get a good buy on a 09. My guess is $5000-5500 plus tax.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Dealer has one 09 black, should I or not?
Currently have 08-klr650, 06-SV1000S, 09-Versys 650
Do I need a cruiser?
Pricing 5999$ plus fee's.
Many of my associates ride Harley's, will I feel Ok riding wit-em?
No Harley rants now.
why not add to the collection,doesnt say where you live, so i cant comment on the price...

"Many of my associates ride Harley's, will I feel Ok riding wit-em?
No Harley rants now."

Jealousy coiuld be dangerous, you may want to ride armed.:D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank's for your input. After reading the responses. Reflecting on the non urgency of the matter and considering long term touring desires. I'm aiming for a larger platform for example the
Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Voyager
Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero
Honda VTX1300T
Thank's again!
BG

·
Registered
41 Posts
I bought my Vulcan 900 Classic with the idea that I would step up to a Harley in a few years... now I am positive I will be stepping up to a Vulcan 1700 Nomad and not a Harley when I am ready to trade up! These Vulcans are just great and priced right!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Had exactly the same train of thought as tiger j, and now find myself fantasizing about one day trading up to the 1700. Got the 6 speed we all dream for, beautiful vulcan styling, and alotta motor to boot. Wouldn't trade my 900 for anything right now but know I someday will. Seen a new holdover 08 1700 classic at a dealer for 8500, which will probably be gone at the beginning of summer at that price. This time of year with this economy it shouldnt be too hard to find a good deal. Hope ya find you're perfect ride:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts