Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As was discussed in another thread I have been working on making a good LED array to fit into the VN900 and and I'm also going to work on adapting the side markers as well.

Here is a snip-it of the discussion that was started prior.

Yeah, I'm going to get a couple different things adn they will include these items:

Street Magic® Gen2 Ultimate Magic Strobes Brake Light Flasher™
http://www.customdynamics.com/Kawaski_tail_retro.htm
Check out the video for it, pattern 7 is my favorite. It'll really get some serious attention and keep people back.

From this page:
http://www.customdynamics.com/Light_bars.htm
I'll get one 6inch bar and a set of the 3" bars or some kind of combination of them to put on the back of the bike.

The U32 kit
http://hyperlites.com/moddf.html

I may skip the 3: CD light and just stick with the U32 kit in place of them, I'm still a little unsure of that. I would like to get an LED in my main taillight but the one I want in there I will have to custom make and it will probably drown out most anything else once I do decide to make it. I wan to use use at least 6-10 1-1/2w LEDs in a custom cluster that will really make for some serious light. I just have to figure out if I will need to make a custom heatsink to disperse heat from it. If I do I will then just have to take my time making that one.
Since this portion I have been looking to increase the effectiveness of the stock tail light and put some real power in there. So I have been doing a good bit of research on power LEDs that will not increase power consumption but will increase visible light...

I've come across SuperFlux LEDs which may be the answer as they will not require heatsink material and I will be able to pack a lot of them in the tail to be able to get enough light out of the stock housing. I'm also going to work on setting up a different style array for the side marker/turn signal lights on the rear of the bike as well and then for the front.

I'll post back as I work on the project, right now I need to do some ordering of materials and I need to update my testing gear to allow me to be able to set up these lights and so on to be able to have nice long lasting units to put in the bike.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I haven't read your previos theads so no clue if you have you considered the Clear Alternatives integrated tail light? I own one and even on bright days its very noticeable. Some 100 LED's in it. Some say is too bright at night when riding behind.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't read your previos theads so no clue if you have you considered the Clear Alternatives integrated tail light? I own one and even on bright days its very noticeable. Some 100 LED's in it. Some say is too bright at night when riding behind.
I haven't seen that one and the system I'm working on will more than likely be a bit brighter than that one, I'm going for "in your face" and then some, lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts