Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I want to switch my front turn signals to LEDs and I know I need a load equalizer. My question is this: if I use this one:
https://www.denniskirk.com/show-chrome/quad-load-equalizer-for-kawasaki-suzuki-and-yamaha-cruisers-13-314.p212868.prd/212868.sku

which is designed to be used with 4 lights (2 front, 2 rear), can I just hook it up to the front ones and leave the other wires dangling? Or will it hurt anything? Or should I hook it up to the rear signals anyway, even though they won't be LEDs?

Also, if I just hook it up to the front, I'll stash it inside the headlight. Is the grounding there sufficient, or do I need to run the ground to the chassis?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I really don't know the answer to your question about hooking it up to the non-LED lights.

MY question to you is why not put LEDs in the rear? The difference that they make is amazing. LEDs on the front but not the back is an odd setup.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going on a trip and I'm replacing some crappy aftermarket front turn signals. I don't mind the stock rear signals, so I'm leaving them alone. The only decent signals I can find for the front are LEDs, otherwise they'd be staying incandescent too.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I might get into something better later, but I've got this trip coming and I need it fixed now.

jay, I didn't see the dual unit (doh!). I've already ordered this stuff. I think (hope) you're right about it working for 2 lights. I like that the specs say that it is, indeed a load equalizer.

budda, that Custom Dynamics stuff is really cool. Maybe someday, if I get restless.

Thanks so much, guys!

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,916 Posts
I have a LOT of custom dynamics on my bike.

A

lot.

If you ever do replace those load eq's, don't get those that have heat fins.

Get the ones that route to the battery.

I run 2 of those. All the extra power runs back to the battery... no heat. No waste.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
All of my LEDs are from CustomDynamics. I've had nothing but good service from them. 5-star rating from me.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Good day all, I'm not sure if this is the right thread but I have a couple questions about LED's and signal relays......
I have factory turn signals on the bike, but I got tired of cooking my rear signal with the exhaust, so i picked up one of those LED integrated stop/tail/turn units from China. It looks good, and it does what it's supposed to......except it blinks rapidly when I signal. So, couple of questions:

1) With standard fronts and the LED all in one rear, will that cause problems with my existing relay? If it'll just blink faster than before, do I have to care?

2) The unit came with another relay and "instructions" on how to mount it along with the existing relay.............except it's not a V2K in the instructions so it'll involve some translation. If I hook it up as per instructions, I have to find the factory relay..............which I can't seem to locate for the life of me. Where the @#%$ is that thing?

·
Registered
860 Posts
I'm going on a trip and I'm replacing some crappy aftermarket front turn signals. I don't mind the stock rear signals, so I'm leaving them alone. The only decent signals I can find for the front are LEDs, otherwise they'd be staying incandescent too.
'nother solution is to connect all 4 and replace the remaining 2 bulbs with equivalent LED's available at yur local auto part store.

For ease of install just connecting 2 should work and allow for locating at the bucket as you plan.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts