Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As stated, Im doing an LED Headlight upgrade.

Ive spoken with JW Speaker reps and a mounting bracket is unavailable ATM. Ive spoken with Motodemic, the maker of their brackets (triumph, duc, bmw) and they dont make brackets for metric cruisers. I was told by thwir rep that Im the first to ask for such a bracket.

Im looking into replacing the housing completely but have read on this forum how others have installed a LED headlight but dont say if theyve installed the bulb or actual headlight.

I have searched quite a bit and need help!

Once this is complete I will be sure to post the solution as I know Im not the only one looking to have a legit headlight upgrade in their Vulcan.

-Juggernaut
Update: FINISHED!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Everything I have seen was just replacing the bulb, not the whole headlight. I thought I seen a LED headlight out there somewhere. Good luck with it though.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im not confident in a single LED chinese replacement bulb.
The "good" bulbs are $50-$75 and still arent very proven in large 7" motorcycle housings.

JW Speaker make the HD Daymaker and for $250ish their brand is nearly half the cost as the HD branded version.

Its very bright!

Im in the works now fitting a bracket for the 8700 evo 2.
If that doesnt work I will replace the 7" housing with a housing from another bike.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Also you can watch this video I found after I did mine.

It is made for a honda valkyrie but looks like the same as our Vulcans.
The bracket is $55.00 + shipping.

This is his Email\\

Josh Chambers <[email protected]>

I havent bought one because mine is still working fine but if it messes up I will be getting one to try out.

Hope this helps some.

·
Registered
20 Posts
i just put a LED headlight bulb in. As others have stated, stay away from the cheap Chinese crap and sped decent money. I am so happy with my LED bulb.

I don't have too much info on it. I do know it a Lumens LED H4. Its not the "old" style with the stupid heat sink and fan, its their next generation one, it just has some little flexible heat straps on the back to disperse the heat. the light output is absolutely amazing and I can say the aim and focus of the headlight was greatly improved.

Here is a link for the bulb https://performanceimprovements.com/products/lumens-ultra-led-kits

1 - 9 of 9 Posts