Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a YouTube video where a guy put a diode in the running light wire and in the turn signal wire and a two wire signal functioned as both running and turn signal. Anyone try this and what resulted?

·
Registered
519 Posts
The important question is, did the brightness of the light change, when the turn signals are operating? Seems to me the running light signal (voltage) would require a resistor for there to be a visible brightness difference between the 2 signals.

·
Registered
271 Posts
The important question is, did the brightness of the light change, when the turn signals are operating? Seems to me the running light signal (voltage) would require a resistor for there to be a visible brightness difference between the 2 signals.
I did that with a car one time. Worked great with incandescent bulbs. Just need to play with resistors to get the right drop in brightness for running light. If I remember right, I put a a diode on both circuits to keep them back-feeding into the other. Never tried it with LED's but should work.

·
Registered
2010 Vulcan Custom
18 Posts
When looking into upgrade to LEDs I wondered if this was possible. Could you post the link to the video?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts