Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed all led bulbs. Added resistors, fixed the hyperflash. Everything blinks fine when i dont start the bike. But when i start the bike, the turn signals dont blink in a consistant order. Its like blink...blink.blink.blink.......blink..blink...blink...blink...and so on. Any thoughts? Ill try to add a video.

·
Registered
234 Posts
What relay are You using?
It would be good idea to use a special LED turn signal relay and in most cases no resistors would be needed.

·
Registered
101 Posts
When I installed LED signals on my bike I did what Tehnis recommended and got a new LED turn signal relay. I think it was about $10 on Amazon. With a new relay no resistors are needed.

·
Registered
101 Posts
It is underneath the seat behind the battery. I believe I had to remove the battery to get access to it properly, but I could be wrong about that. The hardest part was getting the rubber mount back on the clip properly when trying to fit it into the bike. From start to finish it'll take 15 mins max

·
Registered
101 Posts
It's the one with the orange wire. I just checked in my box of spare parts and the part number is the same.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok thank you. Should be within next week ill reloly if it works. Now even with the resistors on it, it should still work with keeping the turn signal pattern steady right?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yes, even with resistors. But it would be good idea not to use any resistors at all, because You don't need them any more. They will generate only heat.

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Hello:

I have had very good results using products from a company called Custom Dynamics. They sell LED turn signal lamp kits with special relays. They work! They also sell bulbs that can be used without a relay at least in some applications.

The problem with the blinking has to do not only with the resistance of the load but also the voltage going through the wires. If the feed voltage fluctuates too much the blinking can fluctuate even with special relays.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts