Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to add LED round light bar to my bike, just to add more lights to the bike. looking at 2- 6 LED lights. My headlamp isnt very good. I want to add them to my bike but im worried about my voltage, would they be too much? i plan on also changing from the standard halogen bulb to a LED bulb for my main head light. any insight would be great.

https://www.amazon.com/Nilight-Driving-Waterproof-Lights-Warranty/dp/B01GC60QTA/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1491698290&sr=8-3&keywords=Round+motorcycle+LED+lights&th=1

is that im looking to buy.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Not sure how well the lights from the Amazon link would look or work for highway riding purposes, but I would suggest the Cyclops LED headlight. I have the one from last year that I think puts out 3800 lumens; this year's model is 7000 lumens and I'm gonna buy it soon so I can post you pictures of the difference if you'd like to see it. The 3800 lumen bulb I got from them is literally a night and day difference from my stock bulb, which I imagine was the original bulb from 2009. If you need a link I'll post it, but you should just be able to Google it

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
306 Posts
It depends on whether you're adding lights to better illuminate the road, or adding light to increase conspicuity (being visible to other drivers)...

Wattage stated on LED lights can be misleading...lumen ratings is a better indicator of light output.

Things to remember:
1. Any light draws power...do the math, install with proper wiring and fusing.
2. If the load exceeds the ampacity of your accessory circuit, feed direct from the battery thru a fuse/ relay controlled by a switch.
3. If you're doing this for conspicuity reasons, mount them lower than the headlight; many of us mount such lights on engine guards (crash bars) to form a 'triangle of light' that gets drivers' attention.
4. Pay attention to aiming the lights - you don't want to blind oncoming traffic.
5. If it's a weak headlight that is your main concern, I agree that a Cyclops LED conversion works.

Ride safe!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts