Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took my first ride at night and discovered the head light sucks. After seeing the reviews on the cyclopse 10.0 h4 ultra led. It was a pain for me getting the original bulb out, so I moved the rubber boot enough to where I could a screw driver under it to release the metal retainer. Once the retainer was off the whole assembly the bulb came out. The h4 ultra has a metal ring that sits in the housing and is retained by the metal retention clips. Once the clips are installed, you put the rubber boot back on. Once back on, the led bulb goes into the hole and turns into place securing it. After that I zip tied the driver and reinstalled the whole unit.

Man what a difference that made, besides being able to more to the left and right the distance you can see is amazing. So I replace the drive light, license plate and turn signal bulbs as well.

I've read and seen that the turn signal relay needed is LF1-S-flat, has anyone found this specific relay at any autoparts stores? Or have you had to order them online?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So the relay came in the mail yesterday and that was an easy install. First let me say, NO you dont have to loosen or move the tank to get to the relay. I took the plastic piece off the front of the gas tank. Once done I reached my hand in the front and pushed the relay up. The relay is on a metal clip held on with a rubber piece. Once it's off, you can easily disconnect the old relay. Then reconnect with the new relay, slide the rubber piece on and realise it on the clip and reinstall the plastic cover. All in all, it should take less than 10 min to install the relay.

·
Registered
10 Posts
So the relay came in the mail yesterday and that was an easy install. First let me say, NO you dont have to loosen or move the tank to get to the relay. I took the plastic piece off the front of the gas tank. Once done I reached my hand in the front and pushed the relay up. The relay is on a metal clip held on with a rubber piece. Once it's off, you can easily disconnect the old relay. Then reconnect with the new relay, slide the rubber piece on and realise it on the clip and reinstall the plastic cover. All in all, it should take less than 10 min to install the relay.

You installed the PIN relay?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah. I took the cover off and found the relay. I pushed it off the rubber piece that was holding it on. When it comes off the holder you can easily get to the clip. Undo the clip and connect the new relay/clip and slide back on the rubber piece. Once done put the lack cover on and secure it. Total time 10 min if that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just got my LED bulbs today and can't wait to install them! I bought the Cyclops 10.0 h4 LED bulb from https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/. I was going to buy direct from https://cyclopsadventuresports.com but this place had the non-ultra bulb for $71.99 and they had free shipping if you ordered $75 or more, so I added a filler item I wanted (chain lube) to get the free shipping. My 2 LED bulbs from superbrightleds.com came in today too, so I can replace the city light and license plate light along with the headlamp.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I switched over to LED bulb and what a difference. I did have to trim the rubber seal in order to slip it over the fan unit on the back of the bulb. I did reorder a new head light seal in case I needed to switch back to the OEM bulb. Install was easy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts