1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
The driving lights will probably fit just fine. I think I saw a post where someone had purchased the same or similar. I think you need an adapter for the headlight. The headlight is designed to fit Harleys. Whatever adapter is used to adapt Daymakers to our bikes.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The driving lights will probably fit just fine. I think I saw a post where someone had purchased the same or similar. I think you need an adapter for the headlight. The headlight is designed to fit Harleys. Whatever adapter is used to adapt Daymakers to our bikes.
Cool... thanks Sabre-t
I think I will just buy it and play with it... the price is low enough that even if it doesn't fit it's not a big deal :)

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
KMALEK - I too figured why not based on cost reasoning (good reasoning by the way!). Went to purchase it on AliExpress, then was taken to an arcot.com Verify by Visa page that started to ask me for last 4 of social ADN all of my credit card info again. Made me a little weary of the purchase. Also noted that the shipment would be 45 to 60 days out

·
Registered
507 Posts
KMALEK - I too figured why not based on cost reasoning (good reasoning by the way!). Went to purchase it on AliExpress, then was taken to an arcot.com Verify by Visa page that started to ask me for last 4 of social ADN all of my credit card info again. Made me a little weary of the purchase. Also noted that the shipment would be 45 to 60 days out
That arcot.com page is apparently "legit, but still dodgy." See article if interested: https://www.jasonpearce.com/2013/05/14/verified-by-visa-and-arcot-com-function-like-a-man-in-the-middle-attack/

Bottom line -- your Spidey sense was tingling for good reason.

What in the world is aliexpress doing with that in the system, I wonder? I've worked with the parent company, and they are anything but sloppy. Weird.

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
I googled the "Arcot scam" phrase and had enough alerts from that alone to make me wary. Guess I won't be getting the super low-cost LED lights afterall

·
Registered
25 Posts
that link was a set with fog lights too, but there are plenty of options around. If you get one and install it and it works out, make sure you let me know :D i keep looking at the black ones with red halo ring

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
I'm looking for the Chrome set. I know from another post on one of the forums that I will also need another bracket to mount properly. I am starting to get the act together to get the parts and pieces. When I tackle this I will re-post the experience, parts, etc

·
Registered
644 Posts

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
a little more research on the SoyaVision, and the driving lights do not seem to be very well made (video review showed LED's not attached very solid - move around with a hard hand-tap on DL). So probably going to keep looking I think. I've seen the sets on ebay; tempting. Looking at the JP Speaker Evolution 2 units as well if I'm going to go back to that type of cost

·
Registered
666 Posts
I've gone cheap on many things bought without incident from AliExpress, and I've been satisfied with the quality of most of them... but the headlight for my Voyager was not something worth going cheap for IMHO, so that purchase was a JW Speaker EVO 2.

·
Registered
93 Posts
LED H-8 and H-4 on Amazon

I installed these on my Voyager per the recommendation of a friend/fellow VV rider who lives close enough I can go thump him if he were to steer me wrong. :wink2:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00N5BAWYK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 This H-8 is plug and play for the fog lights. 5 minute job to remove the old ones and replace.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010QBCZ1O/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 This is the headlight. The only mod you have to do is bend the OEM hold down spring a little bit. The owners of this company are riders too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts