Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys and Gals,

On occasion, I search the Forum looking for options for a LED, direct replacement headlight. Over the years I've gotten a ton of LED light Bulb suggestions, but not an actual LED light. I ride a 2009 Classic, and I don't have the mechanical skill to do a true modification, but I can certainly switch out a light inside a bucket. So if anyone has had success finding and installing a direct replacement LED headlight, I would love to hear about it.

Ride Proud
Stay Safe

SirMickey

·
Registered
117 Posts
You're looking to replace lens and all, I'm assuming. Don't quote me on this, but if the classic has the 7" light, you might be able to find a direct replacement on eBay with adjustment ring. I have seen daymaker style listed with a ring on eBay for the 7" all day long. Don't know that it fits the Vulcan, but if you've got a 5-3/4" like myself, just kick rocks, I guess.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
just replace your H4 halogen bulb to an H4 LED bulb
search Youtube for the Cyclops H4 LED 10.0 bulb

·
Registered
119 Posts
You're looking to replace lens and all, I'm assuming. Don't quote me on this, but if the classic has the 7" light, you might be able to find a direct replacement on eBay with adjustment ring. I have seen daymaker style listed with a ring on eBay for the 7" all day long. Don't know that it fits the Vulcan, but if you've got a 5-3/4" like myself, just kick rocks, I guess.
Hello here's a link for you good [ame]https://www.amazon.com.mx/sktyants-Headlight-daymarker-Sportsters-Touring/dp/B078YS5G65/ref=asc_df_B078YS5G65/?tag=gledskshopmx-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=295466240324&hvpos=2o2&hvnetw=g&hvrand=13684243619508035185&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9073874&hvtargid=pla-493611094993&psc=1[/ame]

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hello again , sorry Misfire in my previous reply I posted a link for a 5 3/4 diameter headlight then I realized it is in spanish but I guess you can find it in english , agai sorry and good luck .

·
Registered
119 Posts
Guys and Gals,

On occasion, I search the Forum looking for options for a LED, direct replacement headlight. Over the years I've gotten a ton of LED light Bulb suggestions, but not an actual LED light. I ride a 2009 Classic, and I don't have the mechanical skill to do a true modification, but I can certainly switch out a light inside a bucket. So if anyone has had success finding and installing a direct replacement LED headlight, I would love to hear about it.

Ride Proud
Stay Safe

SirMickey
Hello SirMickey as you can tell I did some research on the matter and I cuoldn't find a direct replacemnet per se , but there are many headlights that will fit with different degrees of modification , I'm going to try with the Sunpie 7" headlight as soon as I buy it and try to fit it I'll post my results , good luck .

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Archie. Meanwhile am going to checkout that sunpie. I look forward to your next post. Good luck my man.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bought this bulb last July and it has worked very well. Install was easy 'cept I found I could not reuse the rubber boot. I don't ride in much rain, so I can't testify as to water intrusion, but I have not had a problem and reviews all seem to agree it is not a problem. Easy to aim the beam, too, if you follow a good procedure.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hello again , sorry Misfire in my previous reply I posted a link for a 5 3/4 diameter headlight then I realized it is in spanish but I guess you can find it in english , agai sorry and good luck .
Aye, I've seen plenty of the same. That still doesn't have the adjustment ring. I actually caught up with a buddy who does customizing. He has that same headlight in stock. We pulled my light apart and it certainly will not fit.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Okay I got one of those 7inch daymakers from Amazon last fall and now I have the bike home and want to mount it.

Won't work with what I have for the current mount. Anyone else tried one of these and what did you use to mount it without a new complete bucket assembly.

Unless the inner ring is supposed to snug up against the daymaker in some way..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Look at my garage,
I have done it, I havent put a complete how to but you will get the idea
Cheers

·
Registered
119 Posts
Aye, I've seen plenty of the same. That still doesn't have the adjustment ring. I actually caught up with a buddy who does customizing. He has that same headlight in stock. We pulled my light apart and it certainly will not fit.
Sorry to hear that , hope you find one that will fit

·
Registered
96 Posts
Look at my garage,
I have done it, I havent put a complete how to but you will get the idea
Cheers
I only see the tail end of your bike when I try to view your garage. Not sure why I can't see anything else. Can you link me to the garage pics your talking about?

·
Premium Member
101 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
I picked up one of these:
https://www.theretrofitsource.com/morimoto-sealed7-bi-led-headlights-7.html

It's a "real" (not Chinese copy) headlight for $75 on clearance since version 2.0 is out now (for $250, which is also the original price of this bulb). I liked it so much I bought one for my dad's Harley too. Great spread, really useful high-beam, amazing quality. Comes in Chrome and black. I bought one of each and they're both nice looking.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I picked up one of these:
https://www.theretrofitsource.com/morimoto-sealed7-bi-led-headlights-7.html

It's a "real" (not Chinese copy) headlight for $75 on clearance since version 2.0 is out now (for $250, which is also the original price of this bulb). I liked it so much I bought one for my dad's Harley too. Great spread, really useful high-beam, amazing quality. Comes in Chrome and black. I bought one of each and they're both nice looking.
Have you installed this into a stock VN900 Classic or Custom?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Yep, VN900 Classic, using the Azure ring as others have mentioned. And yes, the ring won't work out of the box and will need to be modified.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts