33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
357 Posts

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
I have an 09 custom and I am considering adding an LED headlight bulb. I bought these on amazon for my car and they are amazing 1000% better.
Wondering everyones thoughts on putting one in my 900.

https://www.amazon.ca/NIGHTEYE-Headlight-Conversion-Driving-8000LM/dp/B01J7KJF0E/ref=s9u_simh_gw_i1?pf_rd_m=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&pf_rd_s=&pf_rd_r=VK2QRF0FWCW5JPX5DCTN&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=b06971ce-9992-44c1-9ee0-eb9792e71b5e&pf_rd_i=desktop
Be interested in your thoughts on these.Keep putting off doing the LEDs because of many reviews saying the distance isnt as good as good Halogens. Brighter light is great, but if it dont reach as least as far, does it really help once you on the back roads or on the highway at night much.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I tried the halogen bulb and yes it's a bright white light but that's it. Ended up with H4 135/125W SuperPlasma GT-X Anti-Vibration PIAA MC Holgen bulb. Much better results for me. This is the only bulb I've used that will let you see farther down the road. The LED just makes things whiter it's a dramatic effect but didn't help me see farther down the road. I'll sell you my led for $50!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Honestly, you want this if you want a good light.

www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/7000-Lumen-H4-LED-Headlight-Bulb_

I got last year's model that was only 3800 lumens, which annoys me because I want this one now lol. I'm also curious how well the night eyes will work in my car, but for bike usage I'll stick with these. Not to discredit, but the paradise lights don't look like they have comparable specs to either the night eyes or the Cyclops. Another option you may want to look into are daymakers - they are a projection housing and seem to be pretty good, but they are considerably more expensive. Either way, let us know what you go with and your thoughts on the decision!

Also, if you want pics of mine, let me know

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm not sure what a rectifier is, but the Cyclops light is a plug and play unit - there's a fan and shroud inline with the bulb, but you don't need any additional equipment if that's what you're asking

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have an 09 custom and I am considering adding an LED headlight bulb. I bought these on amazon for my car and they are amazing 1000% better.
Wondering everyones thoughts on putting one in my 900.

https://www.amazon.ca/NIGHTEYE-Headlight-Conversion-Driving-8000LM/dp/B01J7KJF0E/ref=s9u_simh_gw_i1?pf_rd_m=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&pf_rd_s=&pf_rd_r=VK2QRF0FWCW5JPX5DCTN&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=b06971ce-9992-44c1-9ee0-eb9792e71b5e&pf_rd_i=desktop
Be interested in your thoughts on these.Keep putting off doing the LEDs because of many reviews saying the distance isnt as good as good Halogens. Brighter light is great, but if it dont reach as least as far, does it really help once you on the back roads or on the highway at night much.
I've got led bulbs in both my 900 classic and my Vulcan S. I feel both were fat better than stock halogen. I also live I a more rural area. The halogens certainly left something to be desired. I cousin's only see about 30' in front of me with the band new halogen in my S and even less with the used one in my 900. The leds both brighten up the peripheral view and extend the view in front in my experience... not anything ridiculous like tripling my sight line but it added a good 20'. So it may well be that location of use has an impact.

Along with that, road signs can be seen a great distance off. An unfortunate side effect is that on occasions I pass "that driver" who in insists on bright lighting me even though mine are on dim at night most of the time.

These are the ones I have inn the 900:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01MRV4MGS/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I used an Opt7 in the S. Higher price. Same result. Live and learn I suppose, lol.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm not sure what a rectifier is, but the Cyclops light is a plug and play unit - there's a fan and shroud inline with the bulb, but you don't need any additional equipment if that's what you're asking

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Thanks for the response cloverasx.

Buskman said:
Short conclusion...worth every cent
I think at the price point and 2yr warranty I'll be doing these and can go for higher price later. Thanks for the reference @Buckman :highfive:

·
Registered
12 Posts
You got it!

The lights are the tiniest change... I'm doing a motor swap this weekend. Post to follow :D

·
Registered
12 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
I wasn't disappointed with mine. Hopefully you aren't either.

For me it wasn't just about my seeing farther but instead clearer. Living in rural areas means it's nothing surprising to run up on a deer or cow in the road much less one on the shoulder of the road so having that clearer peripheral view was important to me. Road signs add reflective materials showing up at greater distances was great as well. More than that though was the fact that I can be seen further out.

I thought about tossing the gopro on and taking before and after video of the headlight switch for future reference for anyone else interested.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The link seems not to be working. Any clue on price of the 7k lumen bulb. Is this plug and play. Thinking of upgrading my current LED bulb. Want to be more visible.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just installed the cyclops 7000 lumen LED light in my 2008 900 LT. It was pretty easy, however there was one hiccup. There is a rubber boot that surrounds the old bulb to keep dust out, and the Cyclops bulb back end with the fan is too large to allow the boot to be used.

So, I installed it w/o the boot. I hope it doesn't bite me later because of dust. I love the amount of light this throws out. It is a bright white, and it goes further than the old, stock bulb. Definitely a safer ride now, and worth every penny.

7000 Lumen H4 LED Headlight Bulb

·
Registered
77 Posts
I just installed the cyclops 7000 lumen LED light in my 2008 900 LT. It was pretty easy, however there was one hiccup. There is a rubber boot that surrounds the old bulb to keep dust out, and the Cyclops bulb back end with the fan is too large to allow the boot to be used.

So, I installed it w/o the boot. I hope it doesn't bite me later because of dust. I love the amount of light this throws out. It is a bright white, and it goes further than the old, stock bulb. Definitely a safer ride now, and worth every penny.

7000 Lumen H4 LED Headlight Bulb
What are your thoughts on the brightness? Is it too bright for other drivers? Is it likely to blind them? I've been thinking about the cyclops, but 7,000 lumens is pretty freaking bright, and I'm worried it'll be too bright.

·
Registered
68 Posts
With your standard beam on, it's not 7000 lumens - that's just your bright beam. The standard beam is dimmer and cut off at the top to prevent blinding other drivers. Often, I use my high beam to let other people (mainly side roads or whatever would be moving in my path) know I'm coming and it prevents a lot of people from pulling out in front of me. I don't think anything is too bright to make sure people know you're coming.

Side note, if someone is an asshole and cuts me off or is being a dick in front of me, they too get to see how bright my high beams are for the entire time they're in front of me lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts