Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Hey all :)

i know there are a bunch of posts regarding lights.

i did see that everyone likes this simple upgrade : Wagner bp1210 h4 80/100watt bulb

Has anyone tried to install something like a full led assembly ?

Granted this is from china and probaly wont fit 100% but just a thought
Chrome Metal 6.5" Projector Daymaker LED Headlight For Cafe Racer Bobber Custom | eBay
Pretty cool light,just a fyi ,melted my plug and headlight lens w a 100w bulb,was a nice bright lite tho,went back to oem,had to replace plug ,lite and headlight assembly,:surprise:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pretty cool light,just a fyi ,melted my plug and headlight lens w a 100w bulb,was a nice bright lite tho,went back to oem,had to replace plug ,lite and headlight assembly,:surprise:
Thanks, great to know

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Hi Pah

Read my post, I have just done a change over.

It is not a how to but has pointers about it.

I have done over 1500klms in the last two weeks and all is well with the light and no problems so far.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,182 Posts
My buddy installed one of these in his Shadow 1100...I helped him aim it...rode behind him for a number of miles through backroads at around 9:30pm and...

MAN WAS IT BRIGHT! :surprise:

He lit up those backroads...the signs were all illuminated as if they were backlit...and my oem just literally paled behind him.

Read some reviews...his is the one named "Amazing" by Greg P.

I'll be gettin' me one in the next few days.

Of course, I'll "give you a full report" as Bill Cunningham used to say on 700 WLW.

FluxBeam Motorcycle LED Headlight - OPT7

·
Registered
391 Posts
Look at cyron abh4. There like 3 different ones read the specs. They just came out with some new ones last month. They are suppose to copy the holangen light pattern by 90 percent at 6k. I like it because the driver is built in with a cooling fan.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had purchased the opt7 for my jeep right when the new gen came out this year and the light was awesome but there was soo much noise coming from the fan that it caused a loud hum noise from my radio. ended up returning them as they said i could try a part but no guarantee on it fixing the issue.

The cyron abh4 looks promising :)

Thanks

·
Registered
78 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
391 Posts
I tried the cyron in a shadow 1100 and I am having issues with it there. see post in other motorcycles. So I took it out and put it in my other bike. Doesn't seem to have an issue for the short time I had it in there. Not sure what I am going to do

·
Premium Member
1,182 Posts
Opt7 arrived today..

Will install on Wednesday..

Will do a full report with pics by the end o the weekend..

Sorry to hear about the ill-affects on your radio, Pah. Good info to have if I ever decided to upgrade the truck hdlights :good:

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
hi Pmcfadzen

What light bar do have there and it looks like you OEM lowers on it.

Looks good

·
Premium Member
1,182 Posts
Opt7 arrived today..

Will install on Wednesday..

Will do a full report with pics by the end o the weekend..

Sorry to hear about the ill-affects on your radio, Pah. Good info to have if I ever decided to upgrade the truck hdlights :good:
Ok...as of this post, I have no pics. My phone's camera did not do a well enough job for the illustration. SO....here's my written report.

9:30pm EDT Test Time.

1) Initial response to the OPT 7 as opposed to the OEM at inaugural illumination

WOW! White...very white, indeed. BRIGHT...Period.

2) City Driving...Low Beam Only

With street lights, building lights, and fellow vehicles on the street along side me...I could still see the white from this lamp reflecting off the pavement on my right and left sides. Reflective street signs were completely illuminated the entire time.

3) Highway Driving...Low Beam Only

Riding with fellow traffic: Marker reflectors embedded in the pavement were lit up for over a hundred yards. All highway signs were illuminated. Side Marker Signs...Illuminated. "White pavement" for at least 20 yards in front of me.

4) Back Roads Driving...Low Beam...No traffic

"White pavement" for at least 60 yards. All signs illuminated. A pickup truck flashed me thinking that I left my brights on...I flipped the brights on/off quickly to alert him that I was in fact in low beam mode.

When I did flip on the High Beam...distance of illumination increased by roughly 40% (estimate)

Conclusion:

Very satisfied with this upgrade.

Night riding is much more comfortable.

Night vision is greatly improved.

Vehicles remained stationary at their respective stops. I noticed zero vehicles beginning to make a "deadly" left hand turn only to notice in midstride that a motorcycle was approaching them resulting in them abruptly braking. Every one of them stayed put.

I give the Opt 7 a solid : :good:

·
Premium Member
1,182 Posts
...I'm still amazed by the difference, Maineiac1967.. :good:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts