Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Hello Mmart do you remember where this plugs into? The only relay I have found is a two pin in front of the battery
I have a VN750, my relay is located next to my battery, that’s the only turn signal relay on the bike. What is the part number on your stock relay? There is an electronic flasher equivalent for each standard type. You should be able to cross reference and find it.

And to add to this thread, I have changed all the lighting on this bike to LED except for the gauges and indicators on the dash. The difference in the headlight over stock was just flat out ridiculous. I also have amber bulbs behind amber lenses for my flashers and they’re far brighter than stock, don’t get hot, and they should last. My rear bulbs are red and they strobe when you hit the brakes. I had white LEDs before that and they weren’t close to the light these put out. If you can’t see these you’re either blind or dead. I kept trying different options until I found what I liked so I get that your committed to your project,

·
Registered
213 Posts
LEDs use way less power so if you're 'scavenging' power so that you can run a heated vest or gloves or grips or ??? LED's will help with that. And depending on qulity, the LEDs will probably outlast the bike by a fair margin (admittedly, where to get quality Led is another issue though)
Except when you have to put in a resistor to make them work, essentially bringing the load back to where it was. Also the above problem is back feeding power from the front to the rear thru the indicator light. Need a diode between the front and the indicator bulb.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts