Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, recently bought 4 new Led flowing indicators, thought it would be a simple swap.
They run directly off a 12v supply so I bypassed the flasher with a jumper wire.
The problem I am having is all 4 lights run whether the turn switch is in right or left position.
Can anyone shed any light on why this is happening, I've tested each light directly from the battery and all are working fine!
Tia Tim

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just ran into this exact issue a couple of months ago. A LED compatible relay is not going to fix this. You need to wire in a diode kit below your single indicator bulb in the instrument cluster to prevent current bleeding from one side to the other. Here's why:

There's only one single bulb in your instrument cluster fed by both sides. Each time you turn on the indicator, a little current bleeds through to the other side and because LEDs have very little resistance, all 4 light up. I spliced in a cheap diode kit - instructions are usually included, there's also Youtube videos addressing this issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Brilliant thanks, I was starting to think about dumping them all, thanks for the info 👍🏻

1 - 4 of 4 Posts