Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know where to put reviews or first impressions.

The LED flasher I got this thing is sweet we will see how it holds up. Install is super easy takes as much time to install as it does to remove your seat. If you carefully trim the mount tab don't use side cutters it seems too brittle. You can reuse your stock rubber for the stock flasher and it slides right onto the stock post. It comes with a stock plug connection so it is unplug stocker plug this in and push it down in the stock location. .This is what I got:http://www.customled.com/products/flasher_relay/flasher_relay.htm
the ELFR-1.

Oh and yes I tried the led's before ordering the flasher and they flashed really fast. so it was needed.

I'll get pics of my LED's up when I can I put the led's from chevy truck mirrors Got some broken ones free. They are bright and are also angled on the pc. board and you can change the angle. They look bright even in full sun. and since they are angled are still very bright from a partial side view think changing lanes.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I did the same install today. I removed the stock front flashers and replaced them with Afterburner Bullet LED Turn Signals. They are much brighter than the stockers. The flash rate was too fast in front and back, so I installed the LED flash relay. Now the rate is back to normal. Swapping out the flash relay was quick and easy once I looked up the location of the stock one on another site. I think I'll trim the mount tomorrow like you suggested.

http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i366/KEWOOSKI/6WattLEDBulletAfterburnerTurnSignals.jpg

·
Registered
123 Posts
Don't know where to put reviews or first impressions.

The LED flasher I got this thing is sweet we will see how it holds up. Install is super easy takes as much time to install as it does to remove your seat. If you carefully trim the mount tab don't use side cutters it seems too brittle. You can reuse your stock rubber for the stock flasher and it slides right onto the stock post. It comes with a stock plug connection so it is unplug stocker plug this in and push it down in the stock location. .This is what I got:http://www.customled.com/products/flasher_relay/flasher_relay.htm
the ELFR-1.

Oh and yes I tried the led's before ordering the flasher and they flashed really fast. so it was needed.

I'll get pics of my LED's up when I can I put the led's from chevy truck mirrors Got some broken ones free. They are bright and are also angled on the pc. board and you can change the angle. They look bright even in full sun. and since they are angled are still very bright from a partial side view think changing lanes.
Did you have the issue that all 4 LEDs flashed at once before you installed the new flasher?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you have the issue that all 4 LEDs flashed at once before you installed the new flasher?
I haven't done the fronts yet but if/when I do I will also replace the incan. bulb in the speedo housing with a LED as well. They give directions for your situation if it is still there after the flasher install. They have a diode install and a load equilizer instructions. I believe the load equilizer negates the whole going to led theme (cept for the brightness). An led by nature is (Light emitting Diode) so to me that should take care of the four way problem.

They say the reason you get all four is the grounding threw the dash bulb.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really need a decent cam and make a how to as I completely disassembled the light housinge rubber stalks and all routed my led wires threw the stock rubber gasket and put the socket back in place I am going to use the stock 1156 socket as brake lights with red LED's and still have my arrow leds in the same housing so they will blink while the 1156 is solid with the brake light. Because my custom(read homemade LOL) arrow led's are right up the the lense they will both show well I believe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts