Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! Am looking for the correct LED flasher relay for my 2010 Nomad. Any suggestions and if possible any pictures can help.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I’d look up what the standard non-led flasher is in the bike first to get a part number. Then you can cross reference that for an LED equivalent. So for example my bike used an standard EP 34 type flasher. The LED equivalent is a CL-13

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’d look up what the standard non-led flasher is in the bike first to get a part number. Then you can cross reference that for an LED equivalent. So for example my bike used an standard EP 34 type flasher. The LED equivalent is a CL-13
Thanks!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Essentially what the guy is doing to that flasher is the same as adding in a load resistor in line with the bulbs. One of the key benefits of LEDs is decreased power consumption. For a bike like mine(VN750) the charging system is not very strong so any power I can save is a plus.
While what he’s doing is “electrically correct” I personally wouldn’t want to tear into my stock parts but that’s just me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts