Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
BOTM Winner, August 2016
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well with the cold winter and soggy spring up here in the great white north I have had plenty of time to add to my voyager. Bought it at the end of last year and have only rode it twice so far. I have got to say it is the most comfortable bike I have ever been on.
Well not one to leave things alone I started by adding a Sirrus radio and a brake modulater for the trunk.
I alway hated the big yellow turn lights on the rear it took away from the beauty of the bike. I took off the lights and took a grinder to the tubes to shorten them. I then welded the nut that came with the leds and wired them up with resistors to sink the flash rate. Removed the front bar and fabbed a bracket to attach the lights to it. Went for a ride and my buddy commented that the rear were hard to see. Went to a local auto store and picked up the new set they were even on sale.Made a bracket out of sheet steel and welded a bolt to it and threaded it into the welded bolt. I think they look factory like with the chrome trim. The headlight was another story had to cut the lens off and fiberglassed the led light into it. I was able to use the original adjustment and trim this way. For the final touch I had to repaint the silver on the fairing so I added my Canadian Zombie.
http://s1322.photobucket.com/user/keymankirk/library/

·
Registered
439 Posts
Looks great

1 - 5 of 5 Posts