Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get led bulbs for my bike. Bought the flashing brake light but would like to do all the rest. Can someone tell me exactly what I need? I know I need 1156 for rear and 1157 for front but anything else I should look for...color? Size?..looking for cheaper ones also as the brake light shipped to Canada was $40.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Or Switchbacks for the front...gives a different look if you have clear lenses. Makes the front signal stalks white, until you flip on the blinker then they blink amber.

The brightest ones on the market are often called "plasma" and here is a link as an example at a good price:
ebay link

A good alternative can be SMD5050 LED signals. cheap but effective if you get the right ones. Look for around a 20-24 light tower to fit:

VLEDs is a trusted reseller of quality products. You won't go wrong buying from them.

·
Registered
360 Posts
In addition, if you do a search, you will find that you cannot just put all LED bulbs in the front & rear flashers without dealing with either removing the flasher indicator bulb (on the speedo) or doing the "diode mod" on the wires feeding the indicator bulb. Also, you'll likely need an electronic flasher relay as the OEM unit will cause a very rapid flashing of the signals.

Just search and you'll find all of that info.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Hey Borsato, no, the hyper-flashing is one aspect to the change to LEDs.

The second problem is the fact that, IIRC, if you replace the front 1157 flasher/running bulbs with LEDs, there is some sort of "feedback" through the indicator lamp in the speedo that makes ALL of front + rear flashers blink at the same time - whether or not you are indicating a left to right turn.

Go here:

http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6699

·
Registered
156 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey Borsato, no, the hyper-flashing is one aspect to the change to LEDs.

The second problem is the fact that, IIRC, if you replace the front 1157 flasher/running bulbs with LEDs, there is some sort of "feedback" through the indicator lamp in the speedo that makes ALL of front + rear flashers blink at the same time - whether or not you are indicating a left to right turn.

Go here:

http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6699
You can also remedy the feedback and hyperflashing problem with the kisan signal minder. Thats what I did. Plus you get the perks of a signal minder.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts