·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Are these hard mount? Or over the fender strap?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
They are hard mount. These are hard saddlebags that just look leather.

I had a leatherlyke trunk. Sold it. Was great and great quality; very well built! (just too small for my needs)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Living The Dream
1,512 Posts
Are these still available? I am very interested. I have the "08 classic LT 900 and think they would bolt right on?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are these still available? I am very interested. I have the "08 classic LT 900 and think they would bolt right on?
Yes they are still available and according to the website they will bolt right on. The mounting hardware is included. Shoot me your address and I can get a shipping quote.

Thanks, Keith

·
Living The Dream
1,512 Posts
Yes they are still available and according to the website they will bolt right on. The mounting hardware is included. Shoot me your address and I can get a shipping quote.

Thanks, Keith
P/N says they only go up to 2006? I'm not too sure they would work on my 2008 LT. Do they lock?

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
P/N says they only go up to 2006? I'm not too sure they would work on my 2008 LT. Do they lock?
The LT started in 2006. If it's listed for a 2006 Classic LT, then it'll work on your '08. There are virtually no differences.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes they lock and are waterproof. Look at the pdf for installation instructons for each year. There is a small difference for the mounting bumpers (1/4 inch in diameter) on page 4. As Romans said they will fit, just the way the MFG tries to make it seem like they will not fit to sell new bags. Kawi is not going to change the way the frame is made between years. Keith

·
Living The Dream
1,512 Posts
There are 2 different P/N's the 429 goes up to the 2006, and the 429-07 is for the 2007-08. I sent a message to the manufacturer to see what the difference is. Maybe it's just the mounting hardware. Do they lock? That is really what I am looking for. Please advise, Thanks!

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
There are 2 different P/N's the 429 goes up to the 2006, and the 429-07 is for the 2007-08. I sent a message to the manufacturer to see what the difference is. Maybe it's just the mounting hardware. Do they lock? That is really what I am looking for. Please advise, Thanks!
How can it go "up to" 2006 when production BEGAN in 2006? There is no such thing as a 2005 Vulcan 900. Definitely weird!

I have an '06 and I bought saddlebags used from a guy who had an '09 and they bolted right on. Not leatherlyke, but I have no clue what could be different.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

YES they lock. The difference is the diameter of the rubbers stoppers. You can pull up both PDF's for the installation of both years. One is 429 the other is 426-07 to see what the difference is. I did this and it is only the diameterof the stoppers. The bolts and alignment are all the same. Let me know what the MFG says.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I sent you a pm with my cell number.
Keith

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,855 Posts
Here's what mine look like.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts