Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have a VN900C with Leatherlyke bags on it? If so, can you post some pictures? Thanks!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Hi Du-Rron

I don't have a 900, but I have the LeatherLykes on a 1700 Classic and they are working out fine. They mount great are easy to take off and you don't have brackets hanging down when they are off the bike. They are waterproof, they lock, and you can't take the key out unless you close and lock them. Some feel this is not so good as you can't close them without locking. They are very roomy compared to the Kawa OEM bags for the Classic or LT. The quick release uses a spring clip over stud design with the clips attached to the back of the bags with a strip of leather. I have the traditional style and I'm very happy with them. They are not cheap at over $400 but I think you get what you pay for. As for pics, the website has good ones on the 1700 Classic. Showing both styles.
Hope this helps a bit.
WEG

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,849 Posts
Here ya go. Here's what the look like on my classic. I made a change to them. Didn't like the dangling leather.

Attachments

·
Registered
450 Posts
OK, so not quite the same, but my wife had a set of throw-over Viking bags on her Shadow 600 ... horrible! The locks didn't always engage, the Velcro closure was wonky.

I have the LeatherLyke bags on my VN800B, and they're great! Lock easy, open easy, hold lots of stuff. The seals that run around the top edge of the bags can come off, so some gorilla or super glue may help there. They've been on my bike for over 10 years and still look great.

-John

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you to everybody. Was compareing Leatherlykes to Vikings. Well, the Vikings are only rated 8lbs per bag and the Leatherlykes are rates 20lbs per bag. So..... Leatherlykes model 430 (no concos) ordered today. Thanks again yall

1 - 6 of 6 Posts