Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Looking to add a "soft" trunk or luggage to my LT. I have a luggage rack already. I was thinking trunk, but may want more. I like the leather/leatherlike trunks but want to see what they might look like on the bike. Anyone got any images of what they are using. I was also looking at the Saddleman trunks or luggage. I like the versatility of the EX2200s. Anyone riding with any of those. I like the look of the original saddlebags, and want to stay with something that matches. Just would like a little more storage options. IMAGES would be great.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Will see if i have a pic. If so, it's probably a crappy phone pic. I have the leatherlyke luggage and it's pretty sweet. It came with a tube shaped piece that sits on top of the large piece. I use it every day for holding my raingear, but it flattens/mishapens easily. The large section is the most useful and holds a lot. Can't really tell it's back there so far, but makes packing for travel much easier.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Just throwing out an idea, a bit more expensive idea, but have you considered one of theses? http://tsukayu.com/LeatherSeries.htm. I have thought about getting the bags for the V2K just can't stand to part with the $$$. I have a set of saddelman saddle bags, the sides started to cave in on me, BUT if i kept them supported better and not over load them, they might not have. I have not tried any of their other luggage pieces though.

·
Living The Dream
1,512 Posts
Mustang!

Definitely big enough for day trips. I can even get a half helmet in it. For longer trips i will have to strap another bag to the top of it. All in all I am happy with it. I did have to make a support plate for underneath it to eliminate the sag on the end zipper compartments due to the weight I had in them. Fabbed up a 10"x12" plastic plate 1/8" thick with some rubber edging on it, then velcroed it to the bottom of the bag. bag has an easy carry strap and shoulder strap as well for overnight stays. They do have another size that's a bit bigger that my cousin bought and likes that as well. Most Mustang nags are offered in plain or studded versions. Viking Bags have some really good deals too. I just added some of their saddle bags and like them a lot. Good Luck!

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts