Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your opinions on getting a coat/vest that have patches on them like this...http://www.ebay.com/itm/Diamond-Plate-Pebble-Grain-Genuine-Buffalo-Leather-Biker-Vest-14-Patches-4X-6X-/161319418684?pt=US_CSA_MC_Vests&var=&hash=item258f62fb3c.

I really like it, but I feel odd because the live to ride is a Harley saying and also the proud to be an american patch and here I am riding a metric cruiser. I am not one to care what people think, but I feel like these kind of patches could cause some unwanted negative attention from certain crowds of Harley riders. Just curious what people thought. Thank you all for a great forum!

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
They sell these in gas stations and truck stops, caught my attention but they actually look pretty cheesy up close.
But as far as a flag or live to ride eagle patch on a quality vest I don't see a problem. They are not about the bike you are riding but about your love for this country and the freedom to go out and enjoy a ride.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
What is your opinions on getting a coat/vest that

I am not one to care what people think,

but I feel like these kind of patches could cause some unwanted negative attention from certain crowds of Harley riders.

Just curious what people thought.
this is just loaded with oxymorons. You asked for opinions so don't be put off by them.
If you really don't care what people think,
1 wear what you want and don't ask questions.
2 hardley posers in thier klown kostumes shouldn't mind if you look like them.
3 why do you need to express yor self thru cliche patches that a million other non original are wearing?
4 wear what makes you comfortable not what looks like a disney character.
5 ride whatever you want, enjoy the hell out of it, you don't owe anybody explanation. certainly not with yor wardrobe.

Lastly, if yor on a v2k, yor already on the badass MOTOR bike on the planet. No further message needs be... they already are intimidated and wet thier village people kostumes.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Are you a veteran, son or daughter of a veteran? Join if not already a member of your local american legion or legion auxiliary or sons of the american legion then become a legion rider. We have Vulcan riders in my district. We don't care what you ride. We have our vests and patches and don't catch any flak anywhere. Plus we get to feel good about the work we do helping other veterans and their families.

This coming Saturday is freedom fest and the motorcycle ride that the legion riders have been asked to lead the pack for the ride. Then we get treated to the Lt Dan band, Huey Lewis and the news concert after the ride.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
361 Posts
Hey Sparky, think Poncho covers it well.

If you want to patch up, earn em as you travel, they tell a story that means something to you and is worth telling.

Bottom line bud, what do YOU want to be? Another cliche cardboard cutout or creative cruiser with your patches that have decent stories to be regaled over a beevy or two?

My jacket may only hold a few patches but they all mean somethin eh. Have my good ole Suzuki 1500 international patch (bunch of good buggers too, most from your land of Red, White n Blue) got me Vulcan riders owners club pin, another is a touring patch from????? (Feck can't remember now, LOL). Have a NZ forum patch, and a few select others, some not even biker ones, but all are what I want to collect n display coz its about me :)

Either way, do it your way bud. As Poncho stated, you already ride the most bad ass bike to start with, all 125 cubic inches of it.

Cheers Ando

Sent from the bottom of the Earth via a Tapatalk clone........……Motorcycle.com.

·
Registered
397 Posts
They guys above covered it well. Those vests are made with scraps, they're not solid panels of leather. Lots of sloppy seams, etc. I've seen them up close at truck stops, and a few of the local college kids wear them while zipping around on various and sundry bikes here. They're very poorly constructed.

That said, Ponch is also right.. You ride a 2k.. joke em if they can't take a.. My patched vest comes out for event stuff only. That's my own call. If I'm doing a poker run, or group ride, I represent. I usually start out with it in my saddle bag until I see if others are sportin' up if I'm not riding with my club. After that, weather and riding conditions determine just how piratey I dress... ("Y M C A")

Much like I don't care what kind of bike someone else rides, I also barely notice what they wear, unless they're in shorts and flip flops. I watch for back patches, as they tend to tell me a bit about the person and their club (or lack thereof). That vest would simply identify you as NOT a "1%" (and your metric choice would also TEND to lean that way) and beyond that. *shrug

Wear what you want to wear. If you're riding in the same group as me, I'm more likely to embarrass any fashionistas than you are. I happen to love my bright pink superman T-shirt with my denim jacket..

·
Registered
318 Posts
My parents and I are thinking of having vests made up sportin the brand of our horse ranch. Well, their horse ranch I guess, since I been out on my own for 15 years or so now. But still, I rode for the same brand all my life, family pride, but had a different mount back in those days. Sure do miss old Moses, best horse I ever had...

Y'all think a back patch with a horse ranch brand would be cheesy or get sneers and jeers from bike snobs? My step dad and I aren't exactly people that others tend to choose to pick on though, we both have a bit of a "don't f*** with me" look.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Y'all think a back patch with a horse ranch brand would be cheesy or get sneers and jeers from bike snobs?
Nah man, it's about you and who you are eh. Family, bikes, places, military, emergency services, the fallen, remembrance, horses etc.

Any snobs etc, ain't worth pizzin on even if they were on fire, let alone hangin with. Patches are like tat's in some waz, ya get what ya like cos it's about YOU.

Cheers Ando

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Bad news Bears and Rockers..

Nah man, it's about you and who you are eh. Family, bikes, places, military, emergency services, the fallen, remembrance, horses etc.
Any snobs etc, ain't worth pizzin on even if they were on fire, let alone hangin with. Patches are like tat's in some waz, ya get what ya like cos it's about YOU. Cheers Ando
a patch, a tat, is like a scar. its something you earned.. usually the hard way. well if it wasnt hard and earned, why wear it?
as for bozos who either wear everything or those with a chip on thier shoulder for watever reason.. they aint worth lead it would take to shoot em..

now its not like I give a shit about what you or anybody else thinks,, but here is my patch still in the formulas stage, am working on for my mc gang of belt busters. recruits must be able to sit on a bike w/o too many straps holdin on, ages 5 up. we scour the countryside looking for that elusive cafe bakery seeking the optimal confectionary delicacies. you can see the fear on the faces of those waitresses when my krew belly ups to the bahr. or is it the smirks and chuckles.. cant really tell the diff. poncho

Attachments

·
Registered
361 Posts
a patch, a tat, is like a scar. its something you earned.. usually the hard way. well if it wasnt hard and earned, why wear it?
as for bozos who either wear everything or those with a chip on thier shoulder for watever reason.. they aint worth lead it would take to shoot em..

now its not like I give a shit about what you or anybody else thinks,, but here is my patch still in the formulas stage, am working on for my mc gang of belt busters. recruits must be able to sit on a bike w/o too many straps holdin on, ages 5 up. we scour the countryside looking for that elusive cafe bakery seeking the optimal confectionary delicacies. you can see the fear on the faces of those waitresses when my krew belly ups to the bahr. or is it the smirks and chuckles.. cant really tell the diff. poncho
nicely put Ponch , love that patch man, hard case and most probably sums up the majority of bikers anyways, foodies on wheels, lol. Crikey that patch could be well worth having if ya doing the little ones eh. I'd be keen to get a few as a few mates live that mottoo. Have to admit, I'm an absolute coffee fiend (erm, yeah alright, good pie too eh, lol) so one would definitely be adhered to my jacket. Cheers Ando

·
Registered
318 Posts
Dude... love it. I want it!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts