Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After two days of riding/400 miles this weekend in 80 degree F temps, here are my initial thoughts on the leather heat deflector:

1. It does not eliminate all the heat.
2. It does remove varying degrees of heat depending on speed and/or sitting in slow or stopped traffic.
3. I noticed that I was not using the highway pegs as much...it dawned on me that it was because there was less heat on my right thigh.
4. I became aware as the miles accumulated that there is a zone on the right that is noticeably cooler at speed.
5, Left side thigh/leg really much cooler.

Overall, for $37 incl. shipping, this is a very good way to reduce some of the heat on hot days. I have an Ivanized, but otherwise stock 2016.https://www.ebay.com/itm/PLAIN-LEATHER-Heat-Shield-Deflectors-Suzuki-Kawasaki-Yamaha-Honda-Victory-XG750/320948328339?hash=item4aba02d793:g:DH4AAMXQCtlRSVq5

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I was looking forward to posting a similar review later this week, but mine arrived at the house a few hours after I left on my 700 mile trip to MD (round trip). I now have an excuse to do it again!

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
So Bruce, where did you go?

·
Registered
214 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
BLACK is the only color - as Henry Ford says.

Yes, he offers brown also, but I bought BLACK.

Cu,
Sven

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So Bruce, where did you go?

Saturday I did a ride on a Meet Up group that started at Eagle LEather. 8 bikes went to Olympia and then headed south on backroads. Ended up for Lunch in Vader WA. Nice rolling farm country...no traffic. Hit a bit of quick rain in Oly and then cleared off. Just enough to get some of my bike dirty!

Sunday was solo. I went up Hwy 101 thru Shelton. Snack at Hama Hama Oyster Co. in Lilliwaup. Side roads north of Brinnon to Chimicum. Then over to Mystery Bay area. Great views of Pt Townsend and Mt Rainier from there. Then over via Fort Lawton to Hood Canal bridge and home from there.

I am more free than I was for July than I was in June. After the 4th, hit me up to see if we can do a day ride!

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Nice.

Two weeks from today will be the day I head out (with TrapperAH1G) to go to the Hell's Canyon Rally.

I really need to get some good pics.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well, was it worth the purchase? Was there a big difference, not much of a difference, or couldn't tell they were on there? I'm thinking about getting some for my Voyager but not sure how well it works.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hey,
Yeap I agree they don't get rid of 100% of the heat but it does deflect enough that you can really tell the difference between with and without and it does make it much more comfortable riding these hot summer days in Louisiana when its 97 degrees F with 100% humidity. Bottom line well worth the money!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts