Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
03 mean streak
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone found a oil leak from their head gasket in this location? Just found this today.

Saw bubbles coming out around bolt while idling.

Rear of front cylinder

EDIT***
I guess this is the base gasket?

·
Registered
03 mean streak
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After doing some looking around and reading, it seems possible my crank case pressure is high causing the leak.

I took my crankcase vent hose and connected it to one of the throttle body barbs which I had previously blocked off when i installed the bad ace intake.

Also put a plug over the barb coming out if the intake plate for the time being.

Was interesting the initial results. Bike seemed to idle a little rough at first, but then smoothed out although sounds a little different.

A/F ratios were much more stable while idling like this, which I found interesting.

Gonna take it for a ride and see what i notice.

·
Registered
03 mean streak
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So i did some more work today. Tapped into temperature sensor, and after much trial and error was able to scale it accordingly.

This is the best my bike has ever idled after swapping the crank vent tube to the Tb. Quite interesting. Rain rolled in so haven't taken for a ride yet, but I ended up taking away 15% fuel at idle for a 13 target. This sounds crazy to me as I'm sure it does you, but thats what got best results.

View attachment 248904 View attachment 248905

·
Registered
03 mean streak
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update.
Went on a ride tonight after it dried out.

Noticed initially bike was almost dying every time I stopped. Added 10% to low rpm range on my pod and it was ok from there on.

Did notice that the rpm seemed to want to float whole changing gears.

After riding 12 miles decided I would go back to the original crank vent setup.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts