Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday was very hot. I rode the 500 on a big four lane divided highway and wanted to check top speed....so I got her up toe 90 but the front end started to feel "off" so I backed off. Before and after that I was cruising at 75 and 80 for a good 20 minutes...Upon arriving home the top of the carb on the right side n other nearby parts were covered with a good amount of dried liquid spots of some sort, that was whiteish in color...I figured it wasn't the coolant as it is green, but aside from that I do not know. I felt it might have something to do with the emission system, but that is just a shot in the dark...
Aside from advising me to slow down, anyone have any comment on what might have caused this.. Thank you.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Just something you picked up from the road? Bird poop? Ice cream? If all the fluids are okay, hoses are all connected, and it's running fine, maybe you could clean her up and repeat the same drive to see if it happens again.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just something you picked up from the road? Bird poop? Ice cream? If all the fluids are okay, hoses are all connected, and it's running fine, maybe you could clean her up and repeat the same drive to see if it happens again.
Thank you for your comment...Definitely not something from the road or bird poop, etc. Was so hot when I got home I did not check the fluids...will do so later this evening..

The whiteish color is the mystery to me.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, now I remember that very recently I filled the battery with more distilled water and now have the distinct hunch that it is what leaked an got onto my carb on the right side..could be wrong, but might get an eye dropper and take a little fluid out of each cavity on the top of the battery.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Leaking coolant will form a white film when it dries. On a high speed run if the system was a little over filled it could overflow. I would check the level, cap and overflow hose from the reservoir.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I thought the same thing. The right carb is just below the coolant reservoir

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Observation....I did recently put more coolant into the reservoir. I likely overfilled it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts